Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Fedetenko!!!

Goooo!!! Rusty!!!!

I remember him when he played for the Philadelphia Phantoms AHL before he got his shot in the bigs with the Flyers. I thought he had promise back then and was thrilled to see him do so well in the playoffs. He was a Flyer killer in their series and proved to be the trigger man in game 7.

Maybe one of these years the cup will go back to the great north but this is now what 11 or 12 seasons?
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      20% of all Canadians vist Florida each year.
      That's bull****...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Last one was 93. Montreal took it against the Kings in 5 games.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Okay, sure, be proud that your American dollars paid for the roster of 15 Canadians, 3 Russians, 3 Czechs, 1 Swede and 3 Americans. Not to mention the MVP being Canadian.

We pride ourselves on being a country of immigrants! I'm very proud of this fact.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And a rich country of immigrants at that.

Comment

• Congrats to Jon for winning the hockey pool.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

• Sweet! I was worried after I started tanking in the final round.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• and a warm country of rich immigrants.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    20% of all Canadians vist Florida each year. One out of thirteen lives here year round. I'm sure someone cared Florida won.
                    I hope this was an exageration..
                    Probably, not even 20% of Canadians leave the country every year...

Comment

• Setting aside the whole "goal" / "no goal" huff (that new evidence still isn't conclusive, Asher -- all you've proven is that the puck was in fact off the ice, which only confirms the problem of locating the puck in 3D space off the 2D image in the infamous replay photo and its relation to the plane of the goal line), Calgary's odds of getting back to the final any time soon aren't very good. Since 1990, only three teams that have lost in the Stanley Cup finals have managed to get back there -- the North Stars (lost 1991, won 1999), Red Wings (lost 1995, won 1997, 1998, 2002) and the Devils (lost 2001, won 2003). A lot of the others haven't even come close (Blackhawks, Kings, Canucks, Panthers, Capitals, Sabres, Hurricanes, Ducks).

It's such a psychological blow to the team, to have spent so long working so hard and then have it all be for naught -- very, very hard to rise back up to that level for the full 82-game schedule and playoffs again.
                      "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                        Sweet! I was worried after I started tanking in the final round.
                        Congratulations, ya hoser!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by optimus2861
                          Setting aside the whole "goal" / "no goal" huff (that new evidence still isn't conclusive, Asher -- all you've proven is that the puck was in fact off the ice, which only confirms the problem of locating the puck in 3D space off the 2D image in the infamous replay photo and its relation to the plane of the goal line), Calgary's odds of getting back to the final any time soon aren't very good. Since 1990, only three teams that have lost in the Stanley Cup finals have managed to get back there -- the North Stars (lost 1991, won 1999), Red Wings (lost 1995, won 1997, 1998, 2002) and the Devils (lost 2001, won 2003). A lot of the others haven't even come close (Blackhawks, Kings, Canucks, Panthers, Capitals, Sabres, Hurricanes, Ducks).

It's such a psychological blow to the team, to have spent so long working so hard and then have it all be for naught -- very, very hard to rise back up to that level for the full 82-game schedule and playoffs again.
                          How do they manage it in baseball?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by optimus2861
                            I think it's more about the level of competition.

And what happened in the past may not mean anything. We just witnessed a generation shift. The new stars like Iginla, Richards and St Louis are taking over. Tampa's win and Calgary's great run will change how other teams are coached. And of course the new CBA, whatever it is, will change things.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                            X