Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahrenheit 9/11

A Michael Moore production.

Whilst I was rather skeptical of Bowling for Columbine, it appears that this film (anti-Bush, anti-Republican, anti-everthing Bush has touched) is going to touch a few nerves with unseen images of Bush reading a childrens book on 9/11, more photos from Abu Ghraib, and conspiracies between Bin Laden and Bush.

Trouble is, nobody wants to distribute it for him

I think it'll be a pile of crap, myself...

Comment

Moore has every right to make whatever movie he wants but movie companies have every right to decide what movies they want to distribute. They are in no obligation to distribute his movie.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11

Originally posted by Frozzy
        Trouble is, nobody wants to distribute it for him

Actually, the trouble is simply that Disney doesn't want to distribute it for him. Simply because showing any hint of anti-administration rhetoric is seen as "overstepping the bounds" or "taking sides", while they will never the less gleefully release any right-leaning production at the drop of a hat.

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Actually, the trouble is simply that Disney doesn't want to distribute it for him. Simply because showing any hint of anti-administration rhetoric is seen as "overstepping the bounds" or "taking sides", while they will never the less gleefully release any right-leaning production at the drop of a hat.

Someone released a right-wing movie in the last decade?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
            Moore has every right to make whatever movie he wants but movie companies have every right to decide what movies they want to distribute. They are in no obligation to distribute his movie.
            True, but what kind of a situation do we have when the reason a corporation makes a free-market decision is not profit motive (this film will make coin), but fear of the administration?
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

I heard the white house said Mel Gibson would not get any white house visits if a company he has a lot of control over released this movie.

Anyways, Moore has vowed to release this movie before the election.

I kind of hope he can do it. Although I think he's a big, fat, idiot.

Comment

True, but what kind of a situation do we have when the reason a corporation makes a free-market decision is not profit motive (this film will make coin), but fear of the administration?

So is that the reason they refused to release 'The Passion'

Get real, it's Disney! They don't want to rock the boat from any side!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Someone released a right-wing movie in the last decade?

Comment

Imran: Then why the hell did they buy Miramax?
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

In our newspaper today they did a story about the fact that people in Bush's administration are trying to quash the movie saying that they believe it will harm him in the upcoming race.
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

A movie staring Kirk Cameron! When is that coming out anyway?

1 right wing movie... 5000 left wing ones (such as the Life of David Gale)... we need more to balance it out .

Imran: Then why the hell did they buy Miramax?

Why do you think? Money.

Comment

The movie with the oil executives saving the earth from the asteroid strike(and abusing green peace people) with Bruce Willis may qualify as right wing propaganda.

Comment

no that just qualifies as a bad movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                              The movie with the oil executives saving the earth from the asteroid strike(and abusing green peace people) with Bruce Willis may qualify as right wing propaganda.
                              Wow!! I hadn't realized Bruce Willis and company were oil execs. Man talk about hands on executives. Seems like we could use more of them.

What next Donald Trump the bathroom attendant, Bill Gates the PC repairman, Lee Iacocca the auto repair guy?
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X