No announcement yet.

Condi Rice testifies before 9-11 commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave two responses to your post which you failed to answer, because you can't. You focused on the last part of the post because you were beaten on the substantive points.

So, basically, you are:

PWNed
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      I believe Clinton would have (I still don't think 9-11 happens under President Gore). I don't believe Bush COULD have because he is incompetent. And so is his national security advisor.
      This answer just shows how biased you are.

Have a good day in your little fairy tale world.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I don't know why I bother arguing with morons

and I thought conservatives believed in personal responsibility and accountability... I guess like with the rest of their moronic beliefs, it's all a bunch of bull****.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

so personal attack... the true revelation of a man with NO ARGUMENT, NO POINT
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I never said I was better than you foo
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't know why I bother arguing with morons

and I thought conservatives believed in personal responsibility and accountability... I guess like with the rest of their moronic beliefs, it's all a bunch of bull****.
              Continue to sound like a partisan fool. You are doing great!

You say you believe in personal responsibilty and yet you absolve Clinton of all responsability (and of course Gore would have miraculously saved the day) but blame Bush just because well .... he is incompetent, d'uh!

How hard is it for you to understand that we did not have enough info to stop 9-11.
              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

The funniest part of the hearing was when Rice was attacked by Bob Kerry for going to war with Iraq and not dealing with the problems Kerry thought were more important at the time. Rice said she remembered a speech by Kerrry encouraging us to go after Saddam. When Kerry tried to change the subject Rice rubbed his face in it by calling the speech "brilliant" etc. Kerry is just one more hypocrite playing the Monday mourning quarterback. Bush would do well to drop Cheney and add Rice to the ticket as vice president. Meanwhile the likes of Bob Kerry continue to make fools of themselves.

Comment

I see some people are just begging to get restricted...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Continue to sound like a partisan fool. You are doing great!

You say you believe in personal responsibilty and yet you absolve Clinton of all responsability (and of course Gore would have miraculously saved the day) but blame Bush just because well .... he is incompetent, d'uh!

How hard is it for you to understand that we did not have enough info to stop 9-11.
                    What planet are you from?

I've repeatedly said both admins are responsible... but CLinton at least recognized the threat. Bush was 0/10, CLinton was 1/10.

are you visiting Imaginary Apolyton?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

sorry mingo, my troll food was a little harsh...

anyways, I've said all I'm going to say in this thread.

I'm just amazed that the pro-Bushies are still supporting their FAILURE even in the face of mountains of proof and evidence. It's a shame when people are stuck in denial, especially in the face of undeniable evidence.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Yep, a bunch of notes saying a terrorist wacko was planning an attack on the US... going on for years and years.
                        This time it was qualititatively different. Several intelligence agenices came to us and said, You are going to be hit hard very soon. AG Ashcroft considered the Aug, briefnig so credibile and serious, he stopped flying commerical planes. If the man in charge of protecting us from people who take over planes thinks it is personally not safe for him to be flying on planes because some people are going to try and take over, then they damn well should have warned us!
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

She's an incompetent boob just like her boss.
                          Dino,

Here at least is one person that confuses a white man and black woman.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

If the man in charge of protecting us from people who take over planes thinks it is personally not safe for him to be flying on planes because some people are going to try and take over, then they damn well should have warned us!

It isn't like it wasn't in the news:

July 26, 2001

There seems to be NO proof that Ashcroft was freaked out by a general terrorism plot on commerical planes, but it seems more likely that the FBI thought he, HIMSELF, was a target (not unlikely seeing how unpopular he was).

Besides, supposing if he had done so on the basis of Al Queda reports, what was he supposed to say? We have some sources saying terrorists may hijack planes and crash them into things, so don't fly? Yeah, right. After all the people laughing at Ashcroft died down, they'd protest his Patriot Act to the high heavens. Get real!

Comment

She did quite well in my opinion in deflecting Sava-like attacks against her character. She is a very smart woman and outsmarted everybody in that committee.

Yeah she is so incompetent..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/772656/posts

"Dr. Condoleezza Rice became the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, commonly referred to as the National Security Advisor, on January 22, 2001.

In June 1999, she completed a six year tenure as Stanford University’s Provost, during which she was the institution’s chief budget and academic officer. As Provost she was responsible for a $1.5 billion annual budget and the academic program involving 1,400 faculty members and 14,000 students.

As professor of political science, Dr. Rice has been on the Stanford faculty since 1981 and has won two of the highest teaching honors -- the 1984 Walter J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching and the 1993 School of Humanities and Sciences Dean’s Award for Distinguished Teaching.

At Stanford, she has been a member of the Center for International Security and Arms Control, a Senior Fellow of the Institute for International Studies, and a Fellow (by courtesy) of the Hoover Institution. Her books include Germany Unified and Europe Transformed (1995) with Philip Zelikow, The Gorbachev Era (1986) with Alexander Dallin, and Uncertain Allegiance: The Soviet Union and the Czechoslovak Army (1984). She also has written numerous articles on Soviet and East European foreign and defense policy, and has addressed audiences in settings ranging from the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence in Moscow to the Commonwealth Club to the 1992 and 2000 Republican National Conventions.

From 1989 through March 1991, the period of German reunification and the final days of the Soviet Union, she served in the Bush Administration as Director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council, and a Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. In 1986, while an international affairs fellow of the Council on Foreign Relations, she served as Special Assistant to the Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1997, she served on the Federal Advisory Committee on Gender -- Integrated Training in the Military.

She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre Dame, the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board member of the Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for schools in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice President of the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula. In addition, her past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the National Council for Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula Urban Coalition and KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco.

Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she earned her bachelor’s degree in political science, *** laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her master’s from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been awarded honorary doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, and the University of Notre Dame in 1995. She resides in Washington, D.C."
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                                She . . . outsmarted everybody in that committee.
                                Which totally isn't the point of the commission.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X