No announcement yet.

Condi Rice testifies before 9-11 commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the lack of atmosphere and massive CO2 concentrations.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
      You got your commie spy bug planted in the situation room again. How was the issue raised?
      Bob Woodward

Bush at war

Chapter 4
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• I again go back to my previous discussion.

"Bob Woodward, in Bush at war, writes that on September 12, the National Security Council had two meetings. During the second one, D. Rumsfeld raised the question of Iraq; he asked why the US would attack only Al-Qaida and not Iraq. And he made the assumption that they could take advantage of the opportunity offered by the terrorists attacks to attack Saddam immediately."

Raising the question is not the same thing as advocacy. Do you have a better quote from the book?

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Ah, but Rummy did say we should go after Iraq

Is that accepted, known or thought to be true by the Commission?

I ask because I really would like to know why they didn't furrow their brows when Rice said something contrary to that.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I again go back to my previous discussion.

"Bob Woodward, in Bush at war, writes that on September 12, the National Security Council had two meetings. During the second one, D. Rumsfeld raised the question of Iraq; he asked why the US would attack only Al-Qaida and not Iraq. And he made the assumption that they could take advantage of the opportunity offered by the terrorists attacks to attack Saddam immediately."

Raising the question is not the same thing as advocacy. Do you have a better quote from the book?
            I bolded the relevant sentence for you.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Dr. Rice said a lot of something's like that. Follow DrosDar's links on the first page of this thread.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• That still does not make a case for advocacy. It is a statement of opinion/fact.

Comment

• *sigh*

So if I said, "We could rob a bank..." and then we just happen to rob one, I wasn't advocating it before???
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Depends.

Did you make a case for robbing the bank because you could get away with it? Or did you legally go into the bank and shut them down for malfeasance?

Comment

Depends.

Did you make a case for robbing the bank because you could get away with it? Or did you legally go into the bank and shut them down for malfeasance?
                      I didn't realise I had that power... or the US had that jurisdiction over Iraq.

If, in our analogy, a private citizen (or another bank!) took it upon themselves to walk into a bank and shut it down for any reason, there would be nothing legal about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

I didn't realise I had that power... or the US had that jurisdiction over Iraq.

If, in our analogy, a private citizen (or another bank!) took it upon themselves to walk into a bank and shut it down for any reason, there would be nothing legal about it.
                        Depends on what your weapon is. Legal guns for hire to shut down the bank are not unheard of.

Comment

• ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

Comment

• Well, it was either that or ...although I suppose would have worked as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                Dr. Rice said a lot of something's like that. Follow DrosDar's links on the first page of this thread.
                                Maybe I'm not following correctly. So Rice said many things that are potentially untruths, potentially meaning she purjured herself, but the commission didn't get its teeth into her over those issues. That makes things seem even more odd to me.

Or did they cite the contrary evidence, but it did so ham-fistedly that the media in general have said that she acquitted herself well?
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X