Arsenal on the slide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal on the slide?

In another thread I predicted Arsenal to go out of the European CUp last night, but also that they'd pick up just one point from their weekend games:

Arsenal - Liverpool (Fri)
    Newcastle - Arsenal (Sun)

If so, it does really throw the title race wide open. They've got the biggest London derby agaisnt Spurs to play, and while their last game is against Leicester, the Foxes will probably be fighting to avoid relegation.

So if you could find 40/1 on Man Utd it's definitely worth a shot, if only a couple of quid. 33/1 is widely available.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Heh, if they are going to lose they are going to lose it to Chelsea, not ManUtd (and yes as someone who used to live in the shadows of Maine Road that might be slightly biased). Chelsea just seems to be churning out 1-0 victories when they're playing bad, which is championship form.

Doubt Arsenal will lose the Premiership though.

Comment

i can't believe we lost that, we should have been 3 up before the break. same as we did on saturday, we just couldn't turn pressure and chances into goals and paid the price. lampard's goal just destroyed our confidence, we let chelsea dominate the 2nd half from that point on.

we should still win the title, but we should still be in the cup and champions league too :/
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Amasing night at the Champions' League, there. And Real lost, as well!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

The Gunner players may be getting tired.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

henry looks a bit off colour. he just hasn't got the same sharpness about him, but it's not as if we can rest him properly. chelsea have got mutu and crespo on the bench, we've got kanu and wiltord :/
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Relying on a star striker can be a big problem.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                i can't believe we lost that, we should have been 3 up before the break. same as we did on saturday, we just couldn't turn pressure and chances into goals
                Or even into shots on target.

John Terry was Immense. (As was Wes Brown on Saturday).

As for ManU winning the title. Chelsea are only 4 points behind but ManU are 12 behind. Absolutely no chance.

Henry out for the Newcastle and Liverpool games. Chelsea for the double!
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

yeah john terry was great, but on another day henry would have had 2 goals from the times he caught terry out.

Comment

On a good day Henry can get 2 goals against any defender in the world.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

yep, he's not called the best striker in the world for nothing. we need him to have a couple of good days in the next few weeks though

Comment

I must say, I'd now rather Chelsea won the title than Arsenal. Arsenal's diving in the last few games I've seen them in is diabolical - especially Viera. Their attacking players always used to do it (like most teams), but now it seems to be spreading.

"The Gunner players may be getting tired."

90 minutes exertion shouldn't leave a fully fit athlete tired 80 hours later.

Man Utd won the Champs League, FA Cup and League without "tiredness" becoming a great issue, and we had to play more games in the CL that season too.

Obviously this Arsenal team isn't good enough.

MikeH - if Utd are seven points behind after this weekend's round of fixtures, would you still think it impossible? I actually think we'd have more difficulty overtaking Chelsea, right now..
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Arsenal surely seems to be in a bad slump, being kicked out of two cups like that might test the players nerves. Also, I heard that Henry woun't be avaible for the easter-games. there might still be some excitement left in the premiership after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue MikeH - if Utd are seven points behind after this weekend's round of fixtures, would you still think it impossible? I actually think we'd have more difficulty overtaking Chelsea, right now..
                            You have to overtake both Arsenal and Chelsea, that's highly unlikely.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

"You have to overtake both Arsenal and Chelsea, that's highly unlikely."

Well yeah..but a greater probability than 2.5% - which means it is good betting to take advantage of odds at 40/1.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X