No announcement yet.

Gamespy Finals: Mario Vs. Halflife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway, Half-Life's going to win this one - a great vote difference there.

Half-Life, though, isn't a revolution in the FPS genre, like Doom was, anyway, though it's a very solid RTS.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• It's not like it was the first 3D/first person game, or the first shooter. They just put guns into 3D.

It was one of the first 3D/first person games. Ultima Underworld was probably the first.

if you have a tool and you are doing something, then you think-hmm, I think this would be better-and try it, it was..that is innovation. It is a strech to call it imagination

I don't think so. It's an imaginative idea to use the tool in such a way which no one else has thought of before.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No, it's an innovative thought. It does not require imagination.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
          Anyway, Half-Life's going to win this one - a great vote difference there.

Half-Life, though, isn't a revolution in the FPS genre, like Doom was, anyway, though it's a very solid RTS.
          I think you're confusing your 3-letter acronyms.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
          X