Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Oilers. Well I suppose that at least Calgary aren't the laughing stock of Canadian hockey for a change.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      But winning is everything for us, that's why anything less than a Cup leads to calls for the coach's head.
      LMAO!!

Maybe to the fans, hence their continued support of mediocre teams. As long as there are bums in the seats the ownership really doesn't care. The Ballard years were a classic example of this. I will grant you the new ownership is better, but it's all relative.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! OILERS GOIN' TO THE PLAYOFFS!

(in my mind.)

Ahem. Well, we gave it a good run, boys. We sucked in the first half of the year, but we learned from our mistakes, and we made things interesting down the stretch. As a fan, that's all I can ask of the team in a situation like that.

LET'S GO OILERS, LET'S GO (next year... or the year after, depending on the CBA)!!!
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Holy rivalries, Batman!

Toronto vs. Ottawa?
          Philly vs. New Jersey?
          Boston vs. Montreal?

The first round of the East is gonna be fantastic.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
            The Leafs are going to the Cup.
            Pfft. Not with that defence . The Senators are dead meat, though; they haven't had their heads on straight all season, Lalime has been downright brutal by times, and that performance last night was the capper. They had a shot at the division title and utterly tanked. The Penguins would've beaten that sorry performance last night. Leafs in five, tops, and Jacques Martin gets fired after the series.

I'll do a full set of predictions after the western seeds get settled. We know #1 Detroit has #8 Nashville, and #2 San Jose gets #7 St. Louis. Vancouver's #3 and Colorado's #4, but Dallas & Calgary haven't settled #5 and #6 yet (though Dallas is beating up on Chicago as I write, which would give them #5).
            "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

The Flames and Ducks are playing right now.

Check out what the Ducks have been up to for penalties. Somebody was a bad boy.
              Attached Files
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Flames up 1-0, Iggy gets #41.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

...and the Ducks win, 2-1.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

But Iggy got #41, placing him in first (tied) for goals.

Comment

Originally posted by optimus2861

Pfft. Not with that defence . .
                      I assume that the winky means you are joking. I wouldn't swap any other six for the leafs top six.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Maybe to the fans, hence their continued support of mediocre teams. As long as there are bums in the seats the ownership really doesn't care. The Ballard years were a classic example of this. I will grant you the new ownership is better, but it's all relative.
                        They are pretty good now. Getting Leetch was the best trade this season bar none.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Predictions:

EAST: ROUND ONE

Tampa Bay vs. Islanders - Islanders in 6
                          Boston vs Montreal - Boston in 7
                          Philadelphia vs. New Jersey - Philadelphia in 6
                          Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 5

WEST: ROUND ONE

Detroit vs. Nashville - Detroit in 4
                          St Louis vs. San Jose - San Jose in 6
                          Vancouver vs. Calgary - Vancouver in 6
                          Colorado vs. Dallas - Dallas in 7.

I don't know the likely second round matchups but I'm going for Detroit over Toronto in the final.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Most of those predictions don't make any sense...

Particularly Dallas over Colorado. Have you paid attention to how Dallas has played lately?

Comment

My Predictions:

EAST: ROUND ONE

Tampa Bay vs. Islanders - Tampa in 5
                              Boston vs Montreal - Boston in 7
                              Philadelphia vs. New Jersey - Jersey in 6
                              Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 7

WEST: ROUND ONE

Detroit vs. Nashville - Detroit in 4
                              St Louis vs. San Jose - St Louis in 5
                              Vancouver vs. Calgary - Vancouver in 5
                              Colorado vs. Dallas - Colorado in 7.

I call a Vancouver/New Jersey final.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Put 'em up Asher. If only to give yourself bragging rights when round 2 rolls around.

Comment

Working...
                                X