Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is America so prosperous when . . . ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is America so prosperous when . . . ?

We do such half-assed jobs on everything. Everyplace I turn around I see slipshod work, uncaring employees, half assed jobs. We put massive effort into getting stuff done before its ready, rush, rush, rush, then drop the project and run on to something new.

How did we build an empire this way?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Did you have a bad, personal experience today with a service employee in a store or restaurant?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's something that's been bothering me fo a hile, but I was too tired to post about it.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Because she is selling her future short and practising slash-and-burn economic development.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          It's something that's been bothering me fo a hile, but I was too tired to post about it.
          Own goal?

Comment

Go ahead -- tell us how you really feel -- don't keep it holed up inside you.

** gives Chegitz a box of tissue **
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If you put enough resources into something, it will get done.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Own goal?

Comment

"holed"

held

You see? That's the kind of sloppy workmanship Che is talking about! A mere 20 word post and 5% of the words are misspelled.

Comment

America used to be pretty good.
                    But then its populace become uberignorant, uberarrogant, and such....But we've gotten into the business of importing everything (even our educated populace is imported) and thus, we prosper.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

It didn't seem that way when I was there.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I shouldn't talk. I should be working right now. But I'm posting...

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, if you've got 300 million Americans doing a half assed job and 80 million Germans doing a full job, then you've actually got 150 million American full jobs compared to 80 million German full jobs. You still win.

In conclusion, you only do half the effort but have twice the people doing it.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Or their Germans are better than our Germans.

Comment

Re: Why is America so prosperous when . . . ?

How did we build an empire this way?
                              Not much serious competition. That's why we're so sloppy.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X