No announcement yet.

Bush poll numbers plummeting; Kerry beats Bush 53-42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush will probably win anyway. Sadly, this poll isn't worth the "paper" it written on.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard I
      Sadly, this poll isn't worth the "paper" it written on.
      Why? And how is it different than all the polls the Democrat posters were using showing how Bush would get beat

The smart posters to this thread mentioned how polls are meaningless at this time... Still too early... The ones that used the original poll in this thread as proof that Bush is going down.... uhhhh... the numbers will continue to change... and none of the polls will really matter until right up to the election
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yup at this point the polls at best show the ebb and flow of media portrayal.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Yup. I can't agree with the man in everything. But I agree with him overall. So I will probably end up voting for him.
          Yeah -- I mean, bigoted homophobes can't be all that bad. Maybe the poor ignorant bigot is just unfairly misunderstood by too many gays.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            The election is ten months away. These numbers are meaningless. Bin Laden could be captured in October.
            even that wouldn't save him.

Comment

What's Kerry's current stand on Gays?
              Everytime I listen to him, it seems different. Last time I listened, he sounded like a "bigoted homophobe" I guess it depends on who he's talking to.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Kerry supports civil unions -- he's opposed to gay marriage.

Sounds less bigoted than Bush.

Comment

Sounds like he's too big a wuss to take a firm stand for what he really believes. And gives him some wiggle room to change. Not exactly strong leadership thinking.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

it doesnt matter to you if anyone provides proof. you just dismiss it, so i dont see why you even ask.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• PROOF.
                      I had heard the same (unions instead of marriages), I was asking if he's changed since. I didn't dismiss it. Just commenting on that I've heard different things from him.
                      Gays shouldn't look to him as a savior. Kerry will go along with popular opinion. I actually believe that Kerry supports Gays, but I find it disturbing that he always seem to stop short of fully supporting them out of fear that it will lose him votes.

I personally dislike Bushies stand on this but at least you know where he stands.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• dammit not you rah., im talking to fez, who posted on the first page before i realized how many pages where here and that i didnt quyote cuz i thought it was the last post

nevermind.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                          PROOF.
                          I had heard the same (unions instead of marriages), I was asking if he's changed since. I didn't dismiss it. Just commenting on that I've heard different things from him.
                          Gays shouldn't look to him as a savior. Kerry will go along with popular opinion. I actually believe that Kerry supports Gays, but I find it disturbing that he always seem to stop short of fully supporting them out of fear that it will lose him votes.

I personally dislike Bushies stand on this but at least you know where he stands.
                          Yeah, you know me so well -- I worship Kerry beyond belief!

Actually, I support Kerry even with the knowledge that he is not supporting gay marriage, but at least he doesn't hate gays. It seems like for political, pragmatic reasons, Kerry is only willing to support civil unions.

I say it's better to take one step forward, than two steps backwards with Bush's licking the shoes of religious fundamentalists.

Comment

• Sorry LoA. Didn't realize.

And to Mr. Fun, yes this election will be tough for me, being a moderate Republican. While I usually agree with most of the party platform, I too think they're leaning way too far right for my tastes. It's actually kind of Ironic that his call for a constitutional amendment against gay marriages is one of the things that's causing me the most problem. (it's usually their abortion stand) Its funny that there are actual Republicans out here that it is becoming a big issue to. Who would have thought that descriminating against gays would turn off Republicans.

But having said all that, I feel the alternative is worse. We'll see how it all plays out. I may be punching out a non-republican chad for the first time in a long time for president.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And to Mr. Fun, yes this election will be tough for me, being a moderate Republican. While I usually agree with most of the party platform, I too think they're leaning way too far right for my tastes. It's actually kind of Ironic that his call for a constitutional amendment against gay marriages is one of the things that's causing me the most problem. (it's usually their abortion stand) Its funny that there are actual Republicans out here that it is becoming a big issue to. Who would have thought that descriminating against gays would turn off Republicans.

But having said all that, I feel the alternative is worse. We'll see how it all plays out. I may be punching out a non-republican chad for the first time in a long time for president.

Comment

The question you should be asking yourself is how to best influence the direction of the Republican Party. Is it worth it in the long run to tak a four year hit in order to defeat the reactionary consolidation of the Party? If Bush wins, the moderates will no longer have any place in the party.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X