No announcement yet.

Newspaper: Al-Qaida Has Suitcase Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a nuke and I wanted to cause the US the most trouble, I would blow up Seoul, triggering a nuclear war on the Korean Penninsula. Or I'd set it off in India, and start a nuclear war between India and Pakistan.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Just for curiosities sake, if one of these suitcase nukes was detonated in a downtown metropolitian area. Lets say...Washington, DC. How far would the damage extend?

BTW, for all you foreigners dumping on "American paranoia", I live right here at the terrorists top target. Damn right I'm concerned.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Uhhh... Does anybody preaching the destruction of Mecca and Medina realize that means using nuclear weapons against an allied nation? Now, I am no Tallyrand, but methinks this might not be kosher globally (notwithstanding the fact that nukes would be used or that it's just like bombing Charleston and Atlanta to get rid of the KKK).
        "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by gopher
          Uhhh... Does anybody preaching the destruction of Mecca and Medina realize that means using nuclear weapons against an allied nation? Now, I am no Tallyrand, but methinks this might not be kosher globally (notwithstanding the fact that nukes would be used or that it's just like bombing Charleston and Atlanta to get rid of the KKK).
          saudi arabia... allies...

and maybe the South should have been bombed, back in the day when KKK was mainstream

even though I despise the FBI's counter-intel activities against anti-war people back in teh day... I must give them props for doing a good job laying the smack down on the KKK.

And to be fair, I'm not for a first-strike nuking of Mecca and Medina... and regardless of whether or not it's a nation nuking a US city, or terrorists supported by a nation... that nation deserves retribution.

If Islam wants to live in peace, it should clean up its own house. Because if we have to do it, the blood is on their hands.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher
            Uhhh... Does anybody preaching the destruction of Mecca and Medina...
            I don't think anyone is advocating the destruction of Mecca and Medina. I for one am simply wondering if OBL and his cohorts might be given pause in their actions by thinking that it is possible that the US and/or NATO might react against targets like Mecca and Medina.

I agree it would be insanity to target Mecca because someone who hasn't been in SA for some years, but happens to be from SA and is a Muslim does or directs to be done something as severe as a small nuke going off in a major port like New York or Marseilles.

Do we know for sure what the reaction of Bush or Chirac would be to that event? If we are not sure, how sure could OBL be?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

If Islam wants to live in peace, it should clean up its own house. Because if we have to do it, the blood is on their hands.
              Hey Sava..who leads Islam? The "raghead" pope?

Give me a break. Islam is like protestant Christianity- each man gets to read the Koran for himself, without a church authority to accertain what is doctrine for the whole faith. Perhaps Islam is not as fractureds as the protestant sects, but it has no centralized leadership. hence to say "Islam" does anything is, well, WRONG.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                What if you were worried the response would be Mecca turned into glowing glass?

Perhaps MAD applies to OBL?
                now what would happen if OBL nukes his own cities?

Comment

Why would he?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    Why would he?
                    Blame it on the west!

But if people acted like they do in the thread he would just have to nuke us, and we would oblige.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• if there are suitcase nukes, you can bet your ass that the expensive machines clogging up the terminals and being just worthless, useless showpieces won't be the ones to find them.
                      B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

Hey Sava..who leads Islam? The "raghead" pope?

Give me a break. Islam is like protestant Christianity- each man gets to read the Koran for himself, without a church authority to accertain what is doctrine for the whole faith. Perhaps Islam is not as fractureds as the protestant sects, but it has no centralized leadership. hence to say "Islam" does anything is, well, WRONG.
                        Then how do you explain Sharia courts?
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I think the point of of the threat of this thread is valid, however the article is pure BS. It was fabricated by Al Queda sympathizers with some extreme propaganda going on.

A pan-Arab newspaper said Sunday that the al Qaeda organization led by Osama bin Laden bought tactical nuclear weapons from Ukraine in 1998 and is storing them in safe places for possible use.
                          BS point number 1. I highly doubt they'd get them from Ukraine. If anything they would get them from Pakistan. Given the fact that Musaraff has Al Queda sympathizers within his own personal bodyguard unit it's safe to say there are probably sympathizers within Pakistan that would aid them. This is the most realisitic situation and something that may have happened already.

Clearly this is a "hey look there are also nations friendly to the US that are leaking nuclear secrets," type of smearing attempt. "A Muslim nation like Pakistan would never do that sort of thing.

Al Qaeda would use the weapons only inside the United States or if the group faced a "crushing blow" which threatened its existence, such as the use of nuclear or chemical weapons against its fighters, the paper quoted its sources as saying.
                          HUGE BS POINT NUMBER 2.

Those morons would have already used the damn thing already if they had the chance, and you had better believe that it wouldn't be in retaliation.

This is CLEARLY someone trying to put Al Queda on high morale ground. Those angels in Al Queda would never use nukes!

Secondly they've already been dealt a crushing blow. It was called Afghanistan. Whoever fabricated this story wants to make them look like an imposing force.

But the truth is they are getting their azzes kicked worldwide. Afghanistan. Phillipines. East Africa. Now Pakistan, the last place they can safely hide. The only thing left to do is to get the remains of Bin Laden and his ***** ass sidekick Dr. Dumbass.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X