Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's own man trashes his SOTU claims on WMDs

Yep.

David Kay gave no reason for leaving but sources in Washington speak of a mixture of personal reasons and his disillusionment with the search.

He did say he believed Iraq had not had any large stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons during the 1990s.

"I don't think they existed," he told Reuters news agency in an interview.

The Iraq Survey Group (ISG) team leader was appointed by the CIA last June to head the post-invasion search for chemical, nuclear and biological weapons.
    in his telephone interview with Reuters, he cast doubt on reports that Saddam Hussein - who used chemical weapons against Kurds and in the war with Iran in the 1980s - had continued his programmes in recent years.

"What everyone was talking about is stockpiles produced after the end of the last Gulf War and I don't think there was a large-scale production programme in the 90s," he said.

Mr Kay said he believed most of what was going to be found in the hunt had already been discovered.
    It was also quoted on the news that Kay basically contradicted Bush's SOTU comments on "WMD Programs."

Plaudits to Kay for his honesty, and boos to Bush for being a lying sack of ****.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Only feebs vote.

He gave his only interview to Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=LBX0VL3PZUPCMCRBAE0CFEY?type=topNews&storyID=4197764
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

What's wrong with you cretins? This is BIG NEWS.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Too many scandals at once.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But this is the big one.

Bush is wrong, Bush is a liar!!!!
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

But we know Bush is a liar. We've known for quite some time. Apparently many don't care.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

We'll see if this gets much press, but I don't think it will.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                We'll see if this gets much press, but I don't think it will.
                Lead item on ABC News tonight.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I gotta agree with Agathon here. This is major major news here. Day by day we see the case for the Iraq war crumble to dust just as we said it would . Major case of "told you so" is in order here .

*Whaleboy points and laughs at conservatives*
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Yep.... definitely gloating time.

*gloats*
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Lets be careful... karma issues at stake here, as well as sods law. Murphy is a neocon .
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Big news indeed, but not something we didn't know already, is it?

It is no longer that important for Bush to find the WMD. It would be a pleasant bonus of course, but it's not necessary. The number of inspectors have been (or will be) decreased anyway, and that alone shows us that apparently it's not a top priority anymore.

Yep a war for fictitious reasons, and I'm repeating myself here, but it's really not something we didn't know already!
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Yes, but if you look back in the archive you will see plenty of Apolytoners believed him.

I think it's time to start the official Apolyton anti-war gloating party.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Consider me the first member

Comment

/me gloats
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X