Ohio Senate Approves Gay-Marriage Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    I'm sure Ben will agree with the statement that Women ought to be in the kitchen and housewives, rather than career women.

Hooray for modern idealogies.
    Is there someone wrong/inferior with women being stay-at-home mothers and wives, instead of working at IBM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto

Is there someone wrong/inferior with women being stay-at-home mothers and wives, instead of working at IBM?
      No. However:

'ought (awt), v.aux. (the only modern form is ought, serving as present or past finite) expressing duty, rightness, shortcoming, advisability, or strong probability;the past tense is usually indicated by a following perfect infintive.'

Not implying choice, or options. If a woman wants to work, good for her. If she wants to bear children, good for her.

The important thing is that she (not her husband, not a religious sect, not the government, not her father) gets the right to choose.

Is there something wrong with men spending more than half an hour a week with their offspring? Being stay-at-home fathers and 'homebuilders'?
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto
        Who said anything about forcing women to work?

That's a strawman if I've ever seen one.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And he has crafted a few great ones in his day...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
            Gay Marriage Poll Gets Annulled

By Daniel Terdiman, 02:00 AM Jan. 22, 2004 PT

Etc...
            I remember that poll when it was first posted on Apolyton.

Proudly voted in favor of gay marriage, just to stick it to the Bible-beating bigots.

Comment

Working...
            X