No announcement yet.

"Yes to elections" "No to occupation" 100,000 Iraqis Protest in Baghdad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily the Kurds have worked it out largely for themsselves, they have a functioning govt up north and apart from Kirkuk they are sorted.

The US needs to tell Turkey to keep its nose out and thats about it.

If only it were that simple . And what the Kurds want may be different than what the rest of Iraq wants.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And that's why democratic elections right now would be a mistake. We still haven't worked out stuff like the Kurdish problem yet. We need a few more months to help settle down things and work out others.
      We have to work out the Kurdish problem before having any elections, whether they're feudal or democratic.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

The kurds will be happy if they are left to tehmselves in a federal Iraq. They will kick off big style if arabs(sunni or Shia) get to have a sya in their govt. They could declare independence form Iraq proper and the Iraqis couldn't do a thing about it. Turkey and Iran may have other ideas though
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

That'd be a pretty suicidal thing for the Kurds to do. I don't think they're that desperate yet.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
          X