No announcement yet.

Just A Normal $18 Billion Year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Parish says there's less to Citigroup's income statement and market value than investors realize. ......

Parish, a self-employed financial adviser in Portland, Oregon contends that Citi's numbers are misleading. He says Citigroup is a "watered stock" because it issued billions of shares during the past three years to fund the acquisitions that created it. The stock-based purchases let Citigroup escape goodwill costs for the buying spree, he contends. Without those costs, Citi's earnings look better than they are, spurring investors to bid up the shares.
    He wrote that in 2001, BTW.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

.... looks at calendar....

Of course, stock price and P/L statements are totally different creatures, but yeah, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Mr. Prince was from investment banking, meaning to me that he works 24/7. Could you do that?
        I already do.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I already do.
          Hah! You Apolyton poster, you!

Do you put in 120 hour weeks? Be honest!
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Chuck is a lawyer. He and I worked together at one of Citigroups predecessors on the legal staff.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Tax them! TAX THEM!
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

We already have! That's $18 billion after tax!
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

"We already have! That's $18 billion after tax!"

Dirty capitalists

Comment

They're filthy rich!

Comment

Chuck is a lawyer. He and I worked together at one of Citigroups predecessors on the legal staff.
                      Kewl... Lawyers make some of the best CEOs and buisness owners imo... Accountants are right up there too. Strange, that when I think of getting an MBA I also think that maybe I should go into law or accounting instead.

My wives company went bankrupt about a year ago. Since then a bankrupt attorney has been running the show and he has tripled revenue, increased earnings by more than 10 fold, and they are now think about going public again... The board of her company offered him the CEO job, but he turned it down. He likes rebuilding companies.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

"They're filthy rich!"

To me a million is the same as a billion.

-Out of reach.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Hah! You Apolyton poster, you!

Do you put in 120 hour weeks? Be honest!
                          For the last 3 weeks I have been travelling constantly on business. I have returned home at about midnite on Fri. night only to leave again on Sunday afternoon. On Satudays, I am writing up reports of what happened the previous week and taking conference calls.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                            For the last 3 weeks . . .
                            Your job sux!
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

To me a million is the same as a billion.

-Out of reach.
                              Money's value is based on it's worth, or what it can get you... What can $1 get you in the phillipines, or where ever it is you want to retire?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, you're right. I'm a millionaire a something like dozen times over...in the Philippines.

Right now it's something like 55 PHP to the USD, which means that it's fairly easy to be a millionaire there, and being a millionaire still means you're fairly rich.

Comment

Working...
                                X