Fire at -50 degrees F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire at -50 degrees F

This, apparently, is what happens when firefighters respond to a fire and there's a -50F wind chill at the time:

"In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

CHILL EVERYBODY!
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

That's going to damage that building severely, at least the exteriors.

And the fire is still not out.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They're worried about it collapsing right now...it's a rather old building, too.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

They'd of been better off leting it burn.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What kind of building is it? It looks empty.

Comment

It was an old Masonic building...there were a few businesses in it, but not that much since it was a 'historical site'.

Comment

Well, and since downtown has been dead for thirty years.

Comment

thos are some cool pics
                  "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                  - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                  Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

What city is that?

Comment

Bangor, ME

Comment

Bangor?

I've driven through there many times, I like it, but its a strange place. I can't quite put words to it, but its strange.

Comment

is it like one of those real small towns where everyone warns you to pass on thru and dont stay too long, and if you stay you find out about the ghosts that inhabit some old place nearby that keeps all the people in the town in a daze and keeps them from leaving. and then you you defeat the ghosts and everyone is free?

On another note, i think i heard of this place on like Jay Leno or something when they were listing the funniest names of our nations towns and cities. Can you believe theres a city called Titti?
                          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Stephen King lives there, doesn't he?

Comment

Sheesh, I'm surprised the fire hasn't frozen
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X