Where did YOU come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AmberMUSH
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I played Civ 2 for a bit, then Civ 3 came out. I went searching for Marla's world map over in a big ol' long thread at CFC (skipping a day of school ) and was linked here eventually, where I first hung out in the Civ 3 Creation forum.

Comment

Various MUSHes. I had my own, too.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
          Before Poly, I mostly hung out in AOL financial chatrooms giving people terrible investing tips, or AOL dating chatrooms pretending to be a woman. I'm not exactly sure how that led to me eventually winding up at Poly, but whatever.

Was that for ****s and giggles or would you prefer to be a woman? Just asking for curiosities sake. I always wondered how many men pretended to be an 18 year old girl and vice versa.

Comment

I was into a local BBS back in the early '90s. Then... AOL. Did some dungeons and dragons in AOL chatrooms. I don't remember any AOL forums though.

Then, I don't remember much Internet activity. Maybe I actually had a life for a few years. Then came Civ and my life was forever doomed. Found Apolyton through Gameleague. Found Gameleague when my friend Buddy and I decided (amongst ourselves) we were two of the best Civ2 players in the world and sought out a site where we could prove it. Sure enough we were two of the best, but there was more competition out there than we expected.

So I basically just posted in the Gameleague forum, hosted by Apolyton. Finally I went exploring and found the rest of the site. I'm not as hooked on OT as the rest of you, but I'm still here more than I should be.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Where did YOU come from?
              Uranus.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Forums for whatever game I was playing at the time.

The only reason I am still visiting apolyton is because the Off Topic got a hold of me.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Drunk at uni.Some guy was using the computer for civ.
                  The powergraph sucked me in.Got engaged, split up,played more civ.Did an internet search.Lurked for a couple of years, and then, one day got fed up about flags and spammed.

Comment

From the Original Greek site before the merger... and before that... the Addicted to Civ site.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I use to chat on mirc a lot back in college... but that's about it.

Once I got out of school I was always to busy to chat. Then one day at work, while thinking of CIV, I decided to look for ppl to talk about it with... Found this place and nothing has been the same.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

bbs's in the early 90s then.....darkness....then here

Comment

RINKWORKS!!!!111!
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

I came from my mother...

I got hooked on Alpha Centauri a few years ago and while searching for strategies, I stumbled onto these boards

Comment

Through my interest in Civ2 scenarios (Red Front comes to mind), but I can't really remember the exact details...lurked for quite a while and then registered, just to semi-lurk some more...
                              DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Poly was my first.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X