George Micheal and yo-yos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Micheal and yo-yos

Whilst busy reliving Wham!'s greatest hits, I was struck by that infamous line

"Dont keep me hanging on like a yoyo"

Despite much discussion, i have yet to find out what this particular lyric actually refers to, and a friend suggested i ask you learned lot.

Many thanks
    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

dont let me hanging on like a yo yo

nice. though last christmass was airplayewd so many times i grew sick of it

Comment

You don´t know what a yoyo is?
      Blah

Comment

of course i know what a yoyo is! what im asking is why he is comparing himself to one....i assume its some kind of euphanism, but my innocent little mind cant think what it refers to
        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

yo yo up and down up and down from a string. you girls are pretty good at it

Comment

He is being used like a yoyo - let go and then pulled back in again, only to be thrown away yet again. Something in that line of thought...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

But G.Michael isn´t "into" girls I thought....?
              Blah

Comment

thanx skanky, that kind of makes sense i guess

Comment

I thought a yo-yo occurs when two rappers meet on the street
                  Blah

Comment

Yo-yo's were weaponry used by certain Amazonian tribes. They could kill a man at 20 feet.

Woman take you on emotional rollercoasters whose bipolar variations make you wish you had been hit in the face by a 5kg lump of wood hurled by a half naked cannibal.

More proof that, in fact, the most dangerous weaponry in the hands of mankind (so to speak) are females. I say we rise up against our breasted oppressors!! No longer will the scourge of guilt and emotional sewage plague the glory of the phallus!
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Ah, now I understand why you have chosen this avatar....
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Verres
                        my innocent little mind
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                          Yo-yo's were weaponry used by certain Amazonian tribes. They could kill a man at 20 feet.

Woman take you on emotional rollercoasters whose bipolar variations make you wish you had been hit in the face by a 5kg lump of wood hurled by a half naked cannibal.

More proof that, in fact, the most dangerous weaponry in the hands of mankind (so to speak) are females. I say we rise up against our breasted oppressors!! No longer will the scourge of guilt and emotional sewage plague the glory of the phallus!
                          And I thought i was bitter and twisted

Comment

Go-go + Yo-yo.

That's all the justification you need for a pop song.
                            What?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X