A waterspout just went past my house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    how can you be so grumpy all the time when you have a view of the ocean?
    Because it's not an ocean. It's the Bristol Channel- a grey expanse of estuary, salt-marsh and mudflats. And sewage outflows. And I can't actually see it from my house.

On the bright side, the twister turned inland. I suspect that the residents of Yate may have got their sewage back.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Pictures from the BBC.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

50-100 tornados in GB a year!

*cg scratches UK off of places to emigrate to. (Note: cg lives in the U.S. state with the 2nd most tornados in any given year)

Asher, most of the world's population lives within 100 miles of a large body of water. That includes Canadians.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

cg also lives in the state with the most thunderstorms in any given year, right?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think that's also Texas.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              50-100 tornados in GB a year!

*cg scratches UK off of places to emigrate to. (Note: cg lives in the U.S. state with the 2nd most tornados in any given year)
              They're never very big. This one was unusually large, but still probably nothing special by US standards.

Anyway, we build homes out of bricks here. No trailer parks or timber houses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                Anyway, we build homes out of bricks here. No trailer parks or timber houses.
                You don't live in a Barrett home then?
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Does anyone live in a Barrett home? I thought they were just there for looks.
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I've been doing quite a lot of surfing this summer. So good for the soul that.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                    X