No announcement yet.

downloading music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's sure legal here...we're not in Greece and DanQ is from Canada so why do USian laws matter?

I think there are some russian sites that are legal (in Russia only) with good selection.

Freenet as far as I know is legal except for the fact that it sucks. It has virtually no (accessible) content.

There is a Korean service which may or may not be legal (under whose laws?).
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

While it may be considered legal in some countries... it is not OK to discuss it here. The owners make the rules on this privately owned site. And they consider it theft, and not appropriate for discussion here.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        mp3.com does let you download quite a few legal MP3s, from independent artists or from copyright-free music (such as classical music).
        mp3.com was bought by a media company called Vivendi. They have closed it off for remaking, and refused to let anyone make an archive copy of the content inside, Vivendi did make a remark about wiping it clean IIRC. In that case only the copies of the people who made and downloaded the songs remain. Vivendi is setting up a new similar service at this site, and will probably use the juicy domain mp3.com for their own pay-for-download service or somesuch.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
          It's sure legal here...we're not in Greece and DanQ is from Canada so why do USian laws matter?

I think there are some russian sites that are legal (in Russia only) with good selection.

Freenet as far as I know is legal except for the fact that it sucks. It has virtually no (accessible) content.

There is a Korean service which may or may not be legal (under whose laws?).
          Be a good little grunt, and never question Ming's divine wisdom.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Ever tried www.buymusic.com ? There are quite many files there available for cheap downloads with free preview samples.
            thanks -- I will check this out, and if I like it, I will bookmark it
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

On this BBS we operate under the laws of Mingapulco, a feudal state within the Poly monarchy.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
              X