No announcement yet.

Why Does Tequila Make People Nuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had tequila. Never, not once. Don't even know the taste.

Comment

i think there's some sort of... hallucinogenic in the good tequillas...

and i wouldn't think you'd be one to be a big drinker, ramo... you're always so mild mannered when we've hung out.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        On an unrelated note, how exactly does one drink tequila? I don't really want it straight, even if I did have lemons and salt around...
        well you can mix a Freddy Fuddpucker: 1 part tequila, 1/2 part Galliano, 6 parts orange juice in a highball glass....

OR have a Hard On ( ): layering 1 part kahlua, 1 part southern comfort and 1 part tequila

OR a Long Island Iced Tea: 1 part each of gin, vodka, tequila, and bacardi, and half parts cointreau and lemon juice topped up with coke in a highball glass

OR a tequila sunrise.....just orange juice, tequila and grenadine

OR last but not least a classic Marguerita: 1 part cointreau, 1 part tequila and one part lemon juice

Happy Drinking!

Comment

If you're going to mix it, half taquila and half very cold lemon juice isn't bad (one bar here had the nerve to call that a margarita though ). But as far as I can tell its the best hard stuff to take straight, I got used to taking shots of it much easier than vodka, rum or gin shots...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I can vouch for the hallucogenic part. I once had the stupid idea to drink a whole bottle (500ml) of a fairly expensive tequila, and I did end up seeing some weird things, like cars changing into dogs, people's hair growing and thinking that the thing I threw up aganist was a tree rather than my bedroom door

One way to drink the cheap stuff (good stuff you drink pure) is half tequila, half lemonade and slam the shot glass on the table, then down whilst its fizzing furiously.

Comment

Originally posted by Essayo

well you can mix a Freddy Fuddpucker: 1 part tequila, 1/2 part Galliano, 6 parts orange juice in a highball glass....

OR have a Hard On ( ): layering 1 part kahlua, 1 part southern comfort and 1 part tequila

OR a Long Island Iced Tea: 1 part each of gin, vodka, tequila, and bacardi, and half parts cointreau and lemon juice topped up with coke in a highball glass

OR a tequila sunrise.....just orange juice, tequila and grenadine

OR last but not least a classic Marguerita: 1 part cointreau, 1 part tequila and one part lemon juice

Happy Drinking!
              This will all come in handy tonight when my company arrives She has already asked me three times if I have tequila
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

well you can mix a Freddy Fuddpucker

Sounds good, am trying it now. Actually, it doesn't taste that bad either.

I don't have Southo, bacardi, grenadine or lemons so the other drinks will have to wait.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Why Does Tequila Make People Nuts.

Originally posted by Sprayber
                  It either makes them horney as hell and their clothes comes off or they are easily pissed off and get really aggressive.
                  last year me and my mate dave 'borrowed' two bottles of tequila from a rubbish party we went to. the next day we had some girls round at ours and we started drinking tequila slammers. after a little while one of the girls(!) suggested we played strip shooter, we said yes (yes, yes ). so we all raced to see who could down a certain drink fastest (not tequila mind you), the loser each time having to remove an item of clothing, and not to be sexist, but boys can drink faster than girls...

that was a good day
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Tequila should be served without anything, it actually tastes pretty good once you have it 'raw'.

Only thing it does for me is it makes me lose my memory and do all kinds of crazy stuff like ordering double-Long island Ice Teas

As for the girls, well I have seen only positive 'side effects'
                    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      I've never had a Tequila before. I've heard it's a girly drink. I'll stuck with my Smirnoff Ice...
                      You've got it backwards. Smirnoff Ice, Zima, hard lemonade, and other such trendy drinks are the chick drinks. OTOH, it requires a good set of balls to drink Tequila and stay in control.

To the thread creator: Tequila has mescaline in it which is a mild hallucinogen. Not surprising that chicks would act bizarre when drinking it. Most chicks avoid it because of the unpredictable response they might have. You are lucky to be around such a bunch of free-spirited girls.

Comment

Working...
                      X