Calling programmers: very simple program needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling programmers: very simple program needed

I am hoping that the Poly programming crowd can come to the aid of a guy in the civ3 - help forum.

He needs a program that will centre his mouse pointer into the middle of his screen after a key press. I can't imagine this being an especially difficult programming task. You get to show off your skill while helping a guy in need. Think of the fame, think of the karma

The thread is at http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=105687 .
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

The program is simple, getting it to work when Civ3 is 'on top' is the problem!

BTW it's a great idea, it would come in very handy at 1600x1200

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
      The program is simple, getting it to work when Civ3 is 'on top' is the problem!

BTW it's a great idea, it would come in very handy at 1600x1200
      the problem is it's likely that Civ 3 (never played it) remembers or does something else with it's cursor location when the Civ3 app regains focus. So you could have a System Tray app that responds to the appropriate keystroke event passed from Windows, but then when Civ3 regains focus, it would do something else to the cursor and move it somwhere else, or back where it came from.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

10 CENTER MOUSE POINTER
        20 GOTO 10

Comment

He said simple, not basic.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
            or back where it came from.
            that was the problem as I saw it

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
              10 CENTER MOUSE POINTER
              20 GOTO 10
              you need a line:

15 PLAY Civ3 FOR A BIT

(which is the tricky part anyway)

Comment

Ah, I had not thought of that.

I remember there being a windows accesability program that meant you could move the mouse pointer with the keys. That ran whatever was on top.
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Yeah, mousekeys. But that's not actually running on top of anything, it's remapping the keypad as a mouse device.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                  X