No announcement yet.

Joe Gibbs and the Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its more than that tho'. National media has tarred him with the rich kid who doesn't know what he's doing label. The antipathy against Snyder is more than the usual fan's resentment agains the unsuccessful owner who is out to rape his fans, it goes to the general football fan who resent the upstart kid who thinks he can buy a superbowl without knowing anything.

Like it or not both Davis and Jones have proven they can field a decent product. Not that I like any of the three.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

uhhhh come to Chicago foo... McCaskey's ARE the most hated owners... and in hockey, we got Bill Wirtz... SO BEAT THAT!!!
      I don't think anybody can... especially when you consider we also have White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf. The man behind the baseball strike that cost them a playoff shot, and the guy who wanted to move the team to Tampa
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

word is, on local Chicago sports talk, that Nick Saban is Angelo's guy; and that all these other names: Romeo Crannel, Lovie Smith; are just to give the appearance of minority coaches being given a chance. From what I hear about Saban, he probably would be a good fit for the Bears, but I don't know if a Saban hiring addresses the offensive issues for the Bears. I'm not a follower of college football, but I understand LSU's offense isn't the greatest. Perhaps Saban could bring in an offensive mind... who knows...

I've hear Fossell's name thrown around as a good fit for the Bears, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with him. I would like to see an offensive head coach to come in and build a successful offensive scheme for the Bears. I think Grossman has the potential to be a star (maybe not superstar).

I've also looked over Anthony Thomas's numbers, and they are very comparable to guys like Eddie George, Edgerinn James, and Shaun Alexander... and Thomas had to put up with a coaching staff that didn't use him effectively, as well as a patchwork offensive line. Thomas has his critics, and he's not Marshall Faulk or Ladanian Tomlinsin, but I think he can get the job done and be effective if the O-Line is steady and he gets a consistent workload. I see Thomas putting up around 1,500 yards per season in a decent offensive scheme.

The Bears have a tough schedule next year, but I'll be happy if they can get a coach who won't make the same mistakes as the Jauron people. I want to see good clock management, effective offense, good pass rush, and a strong secondary... all things we didn't have in the Jauron era.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
        X