Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ipod Mini or how Apple dropped the ball....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

I wouldn't run the company into the ground, I'd sell it to Microsoft.

Comment

I wouldn't run the company into the ground, I'd sell it to Microsoft.

The zombie following was attained by Jobs' charisma, Jonathan Ive's unique designs, and an undeniable penchnat for style over substance. They've successfully captured the artist market, who typically don't know **** about what they're doing or how computers work, and overcharge them for millions. These are the same kind of people who buy VW Beattles with flower holders, and repaint their Ikea furniture to match a themed decor.

It could be copied by most tech companies, but most tech companies realize how tiny that market is and how THAT would run their companies into the ground.

Apple's got a niche market, and it'll forever stay that way unless they charge reasonable prices. But they don't, because morons believe their high prices equate high quality...
      I guarentee u if it was possible to simply emulate apple, ppl would. they can't tho. if they could sell a 350$ player and make millions they would, but they can't.

as for ur rabid hatred of ikea and all things fashionable. ur obviously a pretty rabid utilitarian. I still think its comical how u think its insane that other ppl aren't. or how appealing to things that aren't utilitarian is somehow dirty or wrong.

charging reasonable prices would be a bad business decision. I don't know why you can't see that. ur too stupid to see outside of ur perspective I suppose. if they went walmart they would just be raped. they can't compete that way, they'd lose.

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon
        I guarentee u if it was possible to simply emulate apple, ppl would. they can't tho. if they could sell a 350$ player and make millions they would, but they can't.
        Why would somebody want to emulate a company with 2% marketshare, and falling? Compared to Apple's competitors, Apple is very much in the minor leagues, despite their high profile.

From a corporate and financial point of view, the company is very much less than stellar.

You wanna see how you run a company, look at Microsoft and Intel.

Apple has a different way of doing things that'll keep them around for a while, but they'll never make much money compared to how they could do it.

They squandered the chance of dominating the PC world, and now they're squandering the chance of dominating the portable media world.

They're dedicated to overpricing things so they can guarantee a profit, but it'll be a damn small one compared to what it could be with, say, 95% marketshare *cough*MS*cough*.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Apple sale to MS would not be FTC approved.

Comment

Okay then.

I'd sell Apple to Sun Microsystems, who would then run it into the ground.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why would somebody want to emulate a company with 2% marketshare, and falling? Compared to Apple's competitors, Apple is very much in the minor leagues, despite their high profile.

From a corporate and financial point of view, the company is very much less than stellar.

You wanna see how you run a company, look at Microsoft and Intel.

Apple has a different way of doing things that'll keep them around for a while, but they'll never make much money compared to how they could do it.

They squandered the chance of dominating the PC world, and now they're squandering the chance of dominating the portable media world.

They're dedicated to overpricing things so they can guarantee a profit, but it'll be a damn small one compared to what it could be with, say, 95% marketshare *cough*MS*cough*.
              I agree they squandered their chance. but if u took over apple u'd run it into the ground. no computer company has ever survived on such a small piece of the pie. most thot it not possible. and all those people that thot it not possible are the same ppl who berate apple for its pricing.

the fact remains tho. apple is in a very difficult position RIGHT NOW. to turn a profit w/ 2% of market share is a enormous mt. to climb. AND ur method would fail miserably when put to the task. so whine all u want and berate apple all you want. but no1 else can hang around w/ 2%.

Comment

I'd sell Apple to Sun Microsystems, who would then run it into the ground.

wouldn't it be funny of sco, after taking its shot at bsd, started going after apple for darwin/panther?

in any case, macs have an extremely rabid following. luckily, not all mac users are macheads, unwilling to admit that while luna looks like fisher-price, aqua looks like candyland.
                B♭3

Comment

Re: The Ipod Mini or how Apple dropped the ball....

Originally posted by Tis I
                  But no, they're selling for $250 dollars. For 50 dollars more you can get a 15 gig Ipod instead of the 4 gig Ipod minis.
                  You can get a 15 GB player by Dell for US$ 224. Maybe if you PM Kaak, he can cut the price a little.

Comment

Working...
                  X