Cash Strapped Deutche builds a Frog Tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Strapped Deutche builds a Frog Tunnel

At first i thought it was like a tunnel to France but then further reading it is an actual frog tunnel.

Ok so whats up with this?

if the Germans have so many frogs then this will help weed them out.

Is this a waste of cash?

Oh and by the way, as a former U S Army member stationed in the 1970's I happen to love Germany plus have ancestry ties

But for real, is this necessary?

Let me know

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Attached Files
    Yes
    54.55%
    No
    18.18%
    Yes, but only if the Frogs carry a Frenchman with them
    9.09%
    No because Frogs arent that important to NON-French
    9.09%
    Yes, but they have to be carrying a Banana
    9.09%
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I think it is rather silly. They should spend that money to help HUMAN BEINGS, instead of some stupid animal.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Davis, CA has a frog tunnel too!!! They spent $14,000 of public money on it... stupid hippies
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Dont you see the symbol of the Germano-French friendship ? Is it not worth 200 000€ ?
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Thousands of frog guts on a rainy road is a pretty significant safety hazard, and it costs money in perpetuity to scrape that stuff off and haul it away (you don't want to be downwind if it gets left in piles on the side of the road. )

Also, the money spent is really (at least if it was done according to typical US public agency procedures) part of the construction funds for the related diplomatic facility that was built nearby - part of the permit conditions for encroaching on a previously designated wildlife reserve and constructing roads, buildings, etc. through it.

Frogs aren't especially smart animals, but they're damned useful in their position in the food chain - keeping larger fish supplied with food and maintaining the entire piscine ecosystem and food chain for that body of water and any others for which it's a source. Not to mention that little frogs become big frogs by eating thousands of bugs, including nasty disease carrying things like flies and mosquitos. The alternative with lots of dead frogs is that the predators of those insects become a food source for an even higher population of pests.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Oh sure, MtG, just beat them over the head with facts and logic.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

(Simpsons paraphrase..)

Non! Nous ne ressemblons pas à de grenouille! (a-hon hon hon..)

(lancer le bombe neutron)

EDIT: obviously I don't know the French word for 'launch'.
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I think more troll bridges should be built.

Might clean up apolyton a bit.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Oh sure, MtG, just beat them over the head with facts and logic.
                  Too many environmentalist frootloops do a piss-poor job of explaining stuff like this in a pragmatic context, because they're all wrapped up in their tree-hugger world to understand that most people won't give a **** unless you give them some actual practical reasons for doing so.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                    I think more troll bridges should be built.

Might clean up apolyton a bit.
                    Well, more Frog Stew equals Less Wabbit Stew!!

.as for Troll Bridges, good idea!

This way we wont get splattered!!
                    Peace

Grandpa-"Still-looking-a-Bridge"-Troll
                    Attached Files
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm really beginning to like Grandpa Troll.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Who's gonna explain to the frogs that they have to use the tunnel rather than just cross the road?
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

They figure that out pretty well - most road shoulders are sloped and have either plants or gravel or what-not, that isn't particularly friendly to frog-bellies. The tunnels will be cooler and moister, and a better conduit for the smells of the pond on the other side, so the little froggies are naturally drawn to them. Plus frogs are acutely aware that they don't have good working relationships with larger birds, so they prefer to move in sheltered areas if they have a choice about it.

Comment

Who's gonna explain to the frogs that they have to use the tunnel rather than just cross the road?
                            It's not to hard! You just go straight through Toad Hollow and follow the signs

Monkey!!!

Comment

i once sent a frog to the moon on a baloon...
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X