Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right now airports all over the U.S. are fingerprinting and photographing millions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now airports all over the U.S. are fingerprinting and photographing millions

of foreign travelers from some countries.

Next, it will be ALL foreign travelers.

Then all Americans.

Next thing you know we will need travel permits issued by the goverment whenever we want to leave our city.

All of this will be in the name of "security" and it will be "one more thing", a small thing, so it will seem perfetly rational...

Some posters here called me crazy when the patriot act was first re-enacted and I said that it would be re-enacted, and it was. I was told I was paranoid "omg 1984 bwahah111!!!!11111!". Er no, gradul things like this is how its all going to happen.

Are we going to have to carry "papers" and go through checkpoints all the time? My commute takes long enough as it is.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

you have to have a picture ID to drive a car.

so... i couldnt care less if they want my picture at an airport. in fact, if it makes things safer, i like it. smile!

Comment

American children are already fingerprinted as a way of identifying them in case of abduction etc.

Turn it into a conspiracy if you'd like.

Comment

Good thing I escaped to China. I only have to carry about 4 documents with me at all times here.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Waste of money. Waste of time. They'll figure it out soon enough.
            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Information is never a waste of time or money.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Re: Right now airports all over the U.S. are fingerprinting and photographing millions

Originally posted by Vesayen
                of foreign travelers from some countries.

Next, it will be ALL foreign travelers.

Then all Americans.

Next thing you know we will need travel permits issued by the goverment whenever we want to leave our city.

All of this will be in the name of "security" and it will be "one more thing", a small thing, so it will seem perfetly rational...
                This is one of those posts where I can't tell if the poster is trolling or truly delusional...

This is the country where monster truck rallies and gun shows rule. It'll be a cold day in Hell before ANY of that will happen.
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Like the patriot act, a bill though drastic was said to be temporary, being brought up for vote again and being made permanent?

Comment

Well, I can't say I'm unhappy the Feds are keeping an eye on who's entering the country, but I really don't expect it to do much. Known terrorists will just enter the country illegally, and with our huge, empty borders, that's plenty easy enough to do. Sleepers aren't gonna be on the Feds' radar anyway.

But it makes people like MWHC feel safer, so I guess it's worth the delay and expense.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV
                      so... i couldnt care less if they want my picture at an airport. in fact, if it makes things safer, i like it. smile!
                      Whether it makes things safer or not is the $64,000 question, though. Look at the recently-cancelled transatlantic flights between London & Washington recently for a prime example: several names that were on the passenger list were red-flagged by Washington as potential "security threats". Who did some of those names turn out to be?

A five-year-old girl.
                      An elderly Chinese woman.
                      A prominent Egyptian scientist.
                      A Welsh insurance agent.

Does that make you feel safer? That such an unassuming lot of people gets red-flagged as "security threats" by the government that asks you to give up "just a little bit more" information in the name of security?
                      "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

It may seem a little paranoid, that the us wants to take piictures and fingerprints, but anyone that is entering the country needs to have a passport anyway, and matching the person to the passport is certainly a good idea.

Espescially when you consider that some of the 911 terrorists used falsified passports.

Comment

Do you get a copy of those pictures too? Could be somehow useful....
                          Blah

Comment

They've even posted the pics on the net.

This one looks like a weirdo, came in through Texas with his ten wives.

Looks oddly familiar. I guess those lazy, donut-eating border guards thought he was cool.
                            Attached Files
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

They already scanned your passport (including photo) when you entered the US anyway (well they did mine at LAX). Fingerprinting is a bit of a ***** though. Waste of time.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X