Do you ever wish to be wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever wish to be wrong?

While I can not go into the particulars, today something bad happened to a constituent who came for help that I saw coming from a mile away. I knew they had made a mistake doing what they did, I made my apprehensions known, but still, a little hope existed in some basic human decency. But I guess I was right about my suspicions.

Knowing full well this will invariably end up being about Iraq or terrorism, besides those two things (one facet of them or the other), have there been any times having being right was not a consolation or pleasure for you?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Lots. Groups and scads. Beau coup.
    It's like waiting and watching a train wreck.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, probably. I don't remember.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Your wish is granted GePap.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Like you. whenever I see something bad on the horizon for me or anyone I care about I hope that I'm wrong.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

"No plane that big would hit a building that big on the clearest day of the year by accident--it has to have been deliberate."

--Me, 9/11/2001, approx. 9:05 AM EST.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, sure. It happens to me fairly often. Lumps. Spots. Pains. That sort of thing.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Yup saw my daughters downfall coming a mile away now she's a mom at 18. No matter how you try to stop the train wreck it just seems to keep coming.
                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

How bad MoO 3 would turn out to be.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                  X