X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too busy

Comment

• doing what
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• will have to get off on IR spectrum instead of pantyhose legs...

Comment

• We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• LOL I know I was wondering why it was so spikey 'in relation to the other TES'...I didn't think I'd have to say that.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Regarding possible life forms: What happened to those petrified micro structures of organic life in Martian meteorites they found in the mid 1990's? Was the evidence inconclusive after all, there doesn't seem to be much talk of them these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

No, that's when it's landing.
                What a wonderful birthday gift!

(I hope.)
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker
                  LOL I know I was wondering why it was so spikey 'in relation to the other TES'...I didn't think I'd have to say that.
                  I suspect the orbital is looking over a much larger area, so spikes caused by local concentrations of one thing or another would be smoothed out.

With the mini, you focusing on a much smaller area, so local concentrations really stand out.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                    Regarding possible life forms: What happened to those petrified micro structures of organic life in Martian meteorites they found in the mid 1990's? Was the evidence inconclusive after all, there doesn't seem to be much talk of them these days.
                    They were too small to be microfossils, actual bacteria-like organisms would be at least 100 times as big.

Comment

• On of the pics from Spirit.

Appropriate

Last edited by Richelieu; January 11, 2004, 17:54.
                      What?

Comment

• Here's a good explanation of what the spectrometer readouts mean...

The latest science and technology news from New Scientist. Read exclusive articles and expert analysis on breaking stories and global developments
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                        X