Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if?

OK it's about this time again

So yeah, I'm coming to the US in .. may, and I have to get this new passport. As you know my problems, I won't go about it again. I'm afraid with these new security stuff, I have hard time getting visas and what not because of my mark of smoking the pot as a teen. 'kids get forgiven' in this sense is BS here in Finland. It's there ok, it's stays there and no matter what I do, I can never prove myself away from that shameful mistake I did as a kid.

Now, if I'll get in troulbe because of this, which was no problem but maybe not it is when the US is very careful about travellers, and if I get in trouble because of that, I can be barred forever to enter the country. What can I do? Because I can't have it as some of my family lives in there and friends also.

Is there any ways I can help this situation? What are the means I can take? There must be something?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Try and see. Nothing other than that I can tell you... just go through the process and see what comes up.

Comment

Yeah that's what I have to do, but what if everything goes bad for me, what can I do after that?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Don't assume the worst. If it does happen to you, then you can take it from there... until then, there is no need worrying about a problem that you might not have, no reason to go looking for solutions beforehand to a problem that might be totally different from what you're expecting.

In short: you're wasting your time and worry by worrying about something that is

a. Unknown.
        b. Uncertain.

Wait until it's known and certain if/what your problem is going to be and take it from there.

Comment

I know.. and I make it sound worse than it is. Like I've said, I have no criminal record and never had any. This is so tiny case, but I make it bigger than it is. I'm just extremely worried that this is even remotely possible. That would be a disaster to me and personal bankrupt.

But you know I'll be there soon I'm a superhero after all! if they give me trouble I'll be 'GET ME THE PRESIDENT!' and after 1 minute of talking I'll be getting the supercitizenship status of the US which is greater than diplomats, plus I have bigger rights to use force than cops and military combined.
          In da butt.

Comment

That may just be a little too optimistic

where will you be in the States Pekka?
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

But you know I'll be there soon I'm a superhero after all! if they give me trouble I'll be 'GET ME THE PRESIDENT!' and after 1 minute of talking I'll be getting the supercitizenship status of the US which is greater than diplomats, plus I have bigger rights to use force than cops and military combined.

If I spot some Finnish guy banging on my neighbor's door and yelling 'SEARCH WARRANT! OPEN UP! THIS IS SUPERCITIZEN!" Then I'm reporting an escaped mental convict.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Sprayber, I'll be all over! . East Coast AND West Coast.. roadtrip through the WC... it'll be sweet!
                In da butt.

Comment

Swing through the south and lets have some fun in Memphis
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Nah we won't be in Texas ... And we're now leaving San Diego out too so sorry st_swithin, no Tom Cruise night for you this time. Too bad Oerdin also left to Iraq, he was asking for maybe meet, would have been definitely cool.

Anyways, I don't know exact dates, but unfortunately I can't come down to Texas this time.

No wait. Memphis Tennessee, right? I can't remember!
                    In da butt.

Comment

Memphis is in Tennessee

San Diego is in California

Helsinki is in Finland
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

YEah that's what I thought.. eventually. In Tennesee.. I know where San Diego is.. we were supposed to start our roadtrip from there, but I guess we'll start it from LA instead, since we're not heading down to Mexico like we first planned.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Don't be yourself

Check records in major cities for any deaths of people born within a year or two of you. Apply for a credit card in their name. Purchase and make good on the payments. Try to use those financial records to get government identity records. Then apply for a visa under you new identity. Or just pay the black market for false identity papers.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Pekka, you need to buy some maps as soon as you get here ok?

Yes Memphis is in Tennessee about 40 minutes from where I live. They will be having Memphis In May around the first of may. There will be about 30 different bands. Anyway, I hope you have fun on your road trip.

Comment

pekka, you're going on a roadtrip across the states, you lucky bastard.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X