No announcement yet.

NFL: Manning & McNair win CO-MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sava, I think Brady is right to be listed third in the MVP voting. However, he should also have made the Pro Bowl. Trent Green, not Brady, is the third AFC QB behind Manning and McNair.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      1. Lewis... an incredible season without much help at QB down the stretch. 2000 yards is impressive.

2. McNair... yeah, they could win with Back ups... but he played injured and did all the things the team needed to win. He was a brilliant field general and a great leader.

3. Manning... great stats, and he won games. There were many times when the game rested on his shoulders, and he delivered.

4. Brady... but just a notch below Manning. Like Imran, I give a lot of credit to the Defense...

5. Priest Holmes... what a touchdown machine. One of the best backs of all time.

As you can see... I think RB's should get more credit than they usually get in the voting.
      but look at Tomlinsin... he had an amazing year... AFC receptions leader as well as great rushing totals.

Also Ming, last year, the top 4 RB's were on teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Hey, anyone know who the other AFC QB pro-bowl selection was... it eludes me. McNair, Mannign... and.... blah.. nothing... it should have been Brady, however.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        Sava, I think Brady is right to be listed third in the MVP voting. However, he should also have made the Pro Bowl. Trent Green, not Brady, is the third AFC QB behind Manning and McNair.
        Green! that's it... thank you Ned.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          ha ha! I can't see what you are saying!

anyone notice all the MVP candidates were from the AFC? and they are all offensive players except for Ray Lewis with a stellar 2 votes?

Why is that? I mean, everyone always says defense wins games, but how come the MVPS are usually offensive players? Wouldn't it be the defensive leader of a team?

I like to think of the MVP like this.... it should be the player, that if injured, would hurt the team the most... but that can be deceptive too since a team's depth would come into question.
          the mvp's are rb's and qb's because they touch the ball the most. so it is more common for them to have a larger impact on the outcome.

Comment

Does the whole team pass the ball for the Quarterback? Does the whole team carry the ball and runfor the Running Back?

Someone has to pass block and run block. Someone has to catch the passes thrown. So yav is not too far off the mark saying passing and rushing are part of team stats as well.

My Top 5:

1) McNair
            2) Manning
            3) J. Lewis
            4) S. Davis (yes an NFC player )
            5) A. Green (another NFC... ack!)

I would have put Portis and/or Holmes there, but credit must be given to their AMAZING offensive-lines. Same goes for Brady.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay

I don't "hate" anybody in the NFL. I just think there were a lot of good stories and performances this year, and Manning's performance wasn't the big one. Dungy is far more responsible for that teams success, IMO.

And durable? The only reason he's durable is that he's a wuss who never leaves the pocket. Brett favre is durable, McNair is durable....
              lotsa pocket qb's get hurt. warner is an easy example, but there are of course lots more.

if u can start as many as manning has in a row. ur doing something right. pocket or mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                Also Ming, last year, the top 4 RB's were on teams that didn't make the playoffs.
                True enough... but this year, Baltimore would not have made the playoffs without Lewis, and he had a great year.
                And Holmes also carried the load... but at least he had Trent Green running the offense. But Holmes racked up the touchdowns as well...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The only reason he's durable is that he's a wuss who never leaves the pocket.

What a silly statement! The immoble QBs are the ones that get hurt more.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I would have liked to see Green or Favre up there. Without them two Green Bay would have never even been close to the playoffs let alone win the a Division title

Comment

Yeah...I forgot about Farve.. a classic example of what MVP stands for. But they still have to thank Arizona for their playoff spot. Oh, and a special thanks to Minny as well...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        Yeah...I forgot about Farve.. a classic example of what MVP stands for. But they still have to thank Arizona for their playoff spot. Oh, and a special thanks to Minny as well...

They do have to thank Arizona for a lucky TD and Minny for sucking however, GB would not have made it even to these games if they hadn't been undefeated in all of December and won 7 of their last 9 games.

Comment

When a network runs the 50st toughest regular season losses, #1 will be Minneapolis vs. Arizona. I mean, how unlucky can you get? Minutes away from a playoff berth, they gave up a touchdown, onside kick, wacky pass interference penalty, then a pseudo-Hail Mary on the final play ... and they lost to a team with a rookie QB and a lame-duck coach, a team that was one more incompletion away from drafting first in April. And it was a carp call to boot -- really, does anyone think Poole would have gotten that second foot in?

Combine it with Minnesota play-off losses and the amount of stomach punches they've had in the last 30 years, the next time people look at the Cubs and Red Sox for curses should look first at Minnesota

Comment

And durable? The only reason he's durable is that he's a wuss who never leaves the pocket. Brett favre is durable, McNair is durable....
                            McNair is now less of a threat than he was with his running attack. He is more of a pocket passer now.

Comment

My MVP rankings are:

#1: Manning: I'm a Colts fan. Sue me. But, yet another 4000+ yrd season, with that incredible comeback vs. Tampa Bay. (I mean, come on. 3 scoring drives in 4 minutes, not to mention the last 4 minutes is incredible).

#2: Jamal Lewis: Who didn't want him to get the record? I mean, 2000+ yards in 16 games, 500 of which against the Browns. On the subject, why did the Ravens rush him 27 times against a defence who packed the line all night, surely the Super Bowl is more important?

#3: Steve McNair: No comment.

#4: Tom Brady: Their D carried the team this year, and with all the people saying "He didn't have a 1000+ yard rusher" etc, remember that the Patriots use running back by committee. The Eagles are an effective running team, but they don't have a 1000+ yard rusher But, by and large, he had a decent year, but his stats were pale in the face of the three above.

Honourable mentions: Brett Favre (if only for the game vs. Oakland), Ray Lewis, Priest Holmes, and, dare I say it, John Kitna???

Comment

Froz, don't forget to thank me for backing Manning in this thread . You know, after I was saying how McNair deserves the award over Manning a few weeks back and all (and I still believe it ).

Comment

Working...
                                X