Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine...

...the were no countries?

are there really people who think that that is in any way possible?

There can be only one.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

the world is separated into nations. you're forgetting national conciousness.

Comment

..and Nazis
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

With very few exceptions - national identity is irrelevent nowadays. It's how much cash is in the bank.

Of course, most people haven't actually worked this out yet ("my country is the best") but when they do the idea of nationality will gradually die.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

How would the immensely complex modern econmic system of redistributing goods and services be regulated? What about conflict resolution?

Even if state were not based on nationality, which they need not be at all, some form of government is needed, and what would you call that?
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
              With very few exceptions - national identity is irrelevent nowadays. It's how much cash is in the bank.

Of course, most people haven't actually worked this out yet ("my country is the best") but when they do the idea of nationality will gradually die.
              The above thinking is a major problem with the New Urban Left at the moment.

Nationality identities can have a deep and lasting influence on a person's beliefs, and just dismissing this by saying stuff like "well, I'm cleverer than you, I've realised this connection you feel is a fraud; I'm better than you, I speak to lots of different nationalities on the web, et cetc" is incredibly short-sighted and ignorantly elitist.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Maybe not unified earth... yet. But what about the Credit? Single, unified currency?

Can americans give up their precious dollar, or would they insist that others take up US$ as their currency... It wouldn't work without them...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

where is Oerdin when I need him to understand my threads?

you guys didnt get my what if thread, and you dont get this one either. I mock you, yes thats I m-o-c-k you.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue

The above thinking is a major problem with the New Urban Left at the moment.

Nationality identities can have a deep and lasting influence on a person's beliefs, and just dismissing this by saying stuff like "well, I'm cleverer than you, I've realised this connection you feel is a fraud; I'm better than you, I speak to lots of different nationalities on the web, et cetc" is incredibly short-sighted and ignorantly elitist.
                    Ah, but what if this is actually the case and one particular individual has more insight than another?

"Don't hide your light under a bushel".
                    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Ah, but what if this is actually the case and one particular individual has more insight than another?
                      Yes, what if.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

And what if PA actually comes out of the closet??
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You give no link... you have no evidence... YOU CRIMINAL!!!!

Comment

IT'S HELICOPTER TIME!!!!!!!!!!
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The funny thing is just when I saw that post, Theben, I looked out the window and a helicopter was flying over (because of the Peach Bowl Parade) .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X