Ladies and Gentlemen, your World Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies and Gentlemen, your World Idol

Norway's own Kurt Nilsen. Give him a round of applause. Me thinks the judges weren't American.

Wonder if he can whistle through that gap...

On an interesting side note, he also won the "World Alfred E. Newman Look-Alike" contest.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

he's got a really good voice though
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I thought in order to win you had to have a sellable look too. Or was that just Greedy-Capitalist-American Idol?

Comment

Well look at Clay Aiken. Or that Reuben guy. They're not what we would call conventionally good looking are they?

Comment

Nobody has still answered to my original question in the original thread:

Wtf is this thread about?

Comment

By the way; how were the countries participating chosen? There was too much North Atlantic states. No Latino state, no East Asia. There was Eastern Europe, but oh oh oh I wish it waan't. (wrong tense I guess, but oh well)
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Someone beat me to the Alfred E. Neumann remark. What an ugly *****-******
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

But the voice of an angel... and that's all that counts .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  But the voice of an angel... and that's all that counts .
                  Only if music videos had never been invented.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

He's from Norway, they may not have advanced that far there .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Right, since kind requests don't work, let's try the ALLCAPS-method:

JUST WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                          JUST WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?
                          I have no idea, but I'd guess it's some Eurovision than spans on the whole North Atlantic.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It is fitting that a hobbit should be world idol, they saved middle earth after all.
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

VJ: It's simply. It's a musical competition, where people sing and viewers vote on who they like best until there is one 1 person left. Of course in the beginning rounds, the Judges narrow the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X