Closing all programs in system tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing all programs in system tray

How do I close all those programs that keep running in the background (those which appear in the system tray)? I find it particularly tedious to right-click over their icons and choose "exit" or "close", one by one...

I'd like to close them all with a single click (well, two clicks is okay ). There was a program called EndItAll that could do that trick in my old Win98, but now I have WinXP and that program apparently doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas?

(And don't say "don't load those programs when starting Windows", I actually use all of them -- well, most of them. )
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

You could always use msconfig.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

hm, yes, but this means that I'd have to disable these programs permanently from loading at start, and I don't want to do it, because I need some of them. but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Comment

What's more trouble to you?

1) Having everything load with Windows, and close what you don't need?; or

2) Have nothing load with Windows, and start what you need?

Comment

interesting question, zop, and the option (2) would be the real answer for me, but I usually disable all programs running in the background in order to play games, and considering that my comp is a horrible piece of junk I pretty much have to do this (close programs) in order to not steal resources from the games I want to play.

I need to disable *all* of them, including firewall and antivirus (well, I could exclude the antivirus, because its right-click menu only allows me to "disable" it, not to close it). I don't want to be without these programs when I start Windows, and don't want to manually start them one by one, it would be as much of a chore as it is closing them.

Comment

Well, since you are using XP, you can always create two accounts, one with all the system tray programs and one without. Just switch to the other one when you want to play a game.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Well, since you are using XP, you can always create two accounts, one with all the system tray programs and one without. Just switch to the other one when you want to play a game.
              That's a damn good idea.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

really good idea, UR. thanx. i'll try that.

Comment

How did it go?

Comment

Working...
                  X