No announcement yet.

Al-Qaeda Threatens to Nuke New York on February 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me, but what half the world are you speaking about? Even if you could claim all Americans and all Jews and all Hindus hated Muslims, that gets you 20% of the world. You are missing 30% there.
    Because when he said half, he was relying on the results of a complex equation out of which he computed that exactly 50% of the worlds population was pissed off. It wasn't just a colloquialism or anything...

Comment

Use better colloquilisms.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What I want to know is, why exactly would the US care what any other country would have to say on the matter if an American city was destroyed in some manner. I mean really, why would we need their permission or approval to respond in whatever manner we wanted. It would be nice to think that other people would look on an American city being destroyed as a bad thing, but their approval at such a time would not matter.

Some people take delight in reminding us how brutal America can be when it needs to. I dont think we have seen anything compared to what you will see if such an event were to take place. For good or for bad, things would fundamentally change in this country far more than what has taken place. It wounldnt be pretty for us or for the people that would fall under the wraith of the United States. It's not arrogance that makes me say that, it's just how it would be.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Oh yeah, as to the likelyhood of such an thing happening. I'm not exactly convinced of it. If I were going to New York over that time period, this news would not concern me much. I'd be more worried about being mugged there by a New Yorker
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I would really love someone to post a plausible scenerio of the great terror we would inflict after such an act.. i really am interested becuase for all the big talk of great terror, I can't even imagine a halfway plausible set of actions that would not end up making the situation far worse than even the nuking of a city would be.

The nuking of a city would not even make it the greatest horror of the decade, given that the Rwandan genocide ( 1 million in 3 months) was in 1994...and the Tutsi did not go around countermassacring Hutus (which meant eventually the 1.5 million people who fled in fear of such an act came back). I would weep for the US if we proved outselves less civilized than the victims of an attempted genocide in Central Africa.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

People from many parts of the world say we have no culture in America. Well, I don't really care. We have a lot of guns, a lot of nukes and a lot of bucks. And we know how to use them.

When my forebearers from the South kicked Yankee butt time after time those hardheaded northerns just reacted by more and more stiff neck sacrifice. Stonewall was after killing them all. Which pretty much would have been the only way to beat them.

The more terror attacks against the US, the more resolution the US will have to attack terror.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                I would really love someone to post a plausible scenerio of the great terror we would inflict after such an act.. i really am interested becuase for all the big talk of great terror, I can't even imagine a halfway plausible set of actions that would not end up making the situation far worse than even the nuking of a city would be.

The nuking of a city would not even make it the greatest horror of the decade, given that the Rwandan genocide ( 1 million in 3 months) was in 1994...and the Tutsi did not go around countermassacring Hutus (which meant eventually the 1.5 million people who fled in fear of such an act came back). I would weep for the US if we proved outselves less civilized than the victims of an attempted genocide in Central Africa.
                You are talking like a numb nuts. Far worse for whom? Do you think that the voters in Peoria give a rat's ass about Central Africa. Do yout think they would give a rat's ass about Syria if it happens to end up glowing in the dark for the next 10,000 years? Not hardly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  and something tells me the muslem world will end up suffering more in the long run.

Increasing the suffering in the Muslim world is the self-professed objective of the Al-Qaeda.

The world would probably not really care what our response was.

After all, murder of innocents is such a perfect justification for murder of more innocents.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Excuse me, but what half the world are you speaking about? Even if you could claim all Americans and all Jews and all Hindus hated Muslims, that gets you 20% of the world. You are missing 30% there.

I am still ballfed. How is the killing of 3000 people by one group of likeminded political terro groups all of a sudden an indictment on 1.2 billion people? Anyone who thinks like that thinks just like the terrorists- and that is not some empty headed gov. crap, but the simple truth- people who are unable to seperate and distinguish the actions of certain poltiical entities from the people they either claim to recognize, or recognize legally is just the sort of person that decides to murder other simply for being what they are.
                    forgetting about Russia, China, and an increasingly anti-immigrant Europe there aren't you?

Killing 3000 isn't an indictment on 1.2 billion people, however if and when millions die it will be.

Comment

Yes... total BS...

But, assuming they did... they would raise the battle to the next level... and something tells me the muslem world will end up suffering more in the long run. The world would probably not really care what our response was.

We are in total agreement for a change.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I dont think many people would be in a forgiving mood after several million people have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Hey let them nuke NY. Just evacuate everyone except the members of the NY Giants.

There... everyone's happy.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                            and something tells me the muslem world will end up suffering more in the long run.

Increasing the suffering in the Muslim world is the self-professed objective of the Al-Qaeda.
                            True. That breeds more militants who think we are to blame for all their problems. The real shame is that they are running the good name of Islam into the ground.

Comment

Groundhog's Day?!?!? Those barbarians!

(and the anniversary of my wife and I's first date)

Comment

The point I'm making is that such an act would remove any possible support they have in the western world...
                                Sure, a bunch of extremists would dance in the streets, but frankly, that would be it. The rest of the civilized world would be against them... and this would allow action by the United States that would never have been considered before. The war on terror would rise to new levels never seen before, because if they could nuke one city, NO COUNTRY would be safe.
                                I say if something like that happens, we should leave Mecca, Medina, and every Arab capital glowing in the dark for the next million years. Oh, and gas the Palestinians.

Comment

Working...
                                X