No announcement yet.

CNN: Halliburton Pulled from Iraqi Oil Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oncle Boris, you walked right into that.
    Yeah, Boris. You sure did! Even thinking that the administration listens to us lefties!
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The focus of the story is likely inaccurate. I suspect what is really going on now is not about Haliburton, but is really about turf between the two defense agencies
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

JohnT: that's the standard cop out about Bush and Lay... but it's not really the idea that Bush was involved in Enron... it's that he's part of that sociopathic corporate culture. And I don't know about you, but I couldn't be friends with some evil **** like Ken Lay. Yet Dubya still is.
        Thanks, Sava. I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
          The focus of the story is likely inaccurate. I suspect what is really going on now is not about Haliburton, but is really about turf between the two defense agencies
          This is the first thing I thought when reading the opening post too.
          Now, it's good news nonetheless that a proper bid will be used. I strongly hope that British and other coalition firms will be considered in the bid. Otherwise, the US credibility towards its allies will not be restored.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Otherwise, the US credibility towards its allies will not be restored.
            ... And this is a serious concern for.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Oh Halliburton.... buying gas at $2.65 a gallon from Kuwait, and then shipping it to Iraq and selling it at the Stations for 15 cents. Who are the corporate gemiuses running your no-bid contracts anyways? Oh yeah KBR.
              Pentagenesis for Civ III
              Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

JohnT: that's the standard cop out about Bush and Lay... but it's not really the idea that Bush was involved in Enron... it's that he's part of that sociopathic corporate culture.
                Good ****ing peacocks. Give this kid a shiny medal and his downs-syndrome certificate

Comment

Halliburton has said it expected to be cleared by the Defense Department.
                  Well there's a shock.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I'd like to see Halliburton stopped from doing business with the gov. ever again.
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Halliburton never should have gotten a no-bid contract in the first place. The contract should have been pulled much sooner, when this gas gouging was first revealed (you heard it from me first, months before it was in the mainstream media, btw).

As Uncle Boris notes, had the "left" not complained about this, it's unlikely the Pentagon would have canceled it. Yay for us! The good guys actually win one once in a while.

Still, I think this has more to do with what Lefty said. The Pentagon seems to have a hate-on for this Administration, and has been trying to embarress them constantly. It's probably very galling for them to be led by a deserter.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                      X