No announcement yet.

Thinking of JohnT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragically, it doesn't take him to Atlanta.

Comment

That's called Amtrack and it isn't any of the way decent .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Only in San Francisco itself. Cupertino is nearly 40 miles away from my place in San Francisco. Takes just over an hour to drive 1 way. Used to take about 50 minutes, but traffic has gotten worse in the last month. Economy must be getting better because more people are commuting to and from work, making the traffic worse.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

One of my clients (for my other company) lives in Santa Rosa. What's that area like?

Comment

Santa Rosa is about an hours drive north of SF in Marin County (across the Golden Gate Bridge). It is a more rural area than SF, but not really rural when compared to places like Iowa. At the same time, there are gritty parts that seem industrial. It is definitely a poorer area with a lot more hispanic immigrants living there. My wife used to do a genetics clinic there about once a month and she tended to see poorer patients, so that might be clouding my impression of the place.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Huh. And here I was thinking it was full of vineyards and stuff.

Comment

It is close to the Napa and Sonoma valleys, and there are some well off people who live in Santa Rosa who are associated with the wine business, but it is not really in Napa or Sonoma.

Comment

Thinking of JohnT

No very much to do I see.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I'm just an inherently fascinating person...

Comment

pchang, you suck. You shoulda met Imran and me for beers.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        I'm just an inherently fascinating person...
                        And sexy
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          pchang, you suck. You shoulda met Imran and me for beers.
                          I was on an airplane at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                            Only in San Francisco itself. Cupertino is nearly 40 miles away from my place in San Francisco. Takes just over an hour to drive 1 way. Used to take about 50 minutes, but traffic has gotten worse in the last month. Economy must be getting better because more people are commuting to and from work, making the traffic worse.
                            That's way you need to live in The City and work on The Peninsula - It shortends you commute dramatically!

Avoid the bridges at all costs!
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

the mass transit system in the bay area sucks. its cost prohibitive for a lot of people and has terrible time tables. The peninsula especially is devoid of any meaningful public transportation.

after moving to seattle and getting used to their mass transit i am even more bitter about the bay area.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

That's way you need to live in The City and work on The Peninsula - It shortends you commute dramatically!

Avoid the bridges at all costs!
                                I do live in the city and work on the peninsula. At least part of the time, but not for too much longer.

Public transportation in San Francisco itself is pretty good. On the peninsula it is quite sparse. In Marin it is negligible. In the East Bay, if you are close to Bart, it is ok. If not, then it is bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X