Thinking of JohnT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of JohnT

Yellow Pages were just delivered to my apartment complex here in Atlanta. I just can't help wondering if JohnT had any involvement.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Depends. We have a delivery going on in the Gwinnett county area (Lawrenceville, Snellville, Dacula, Grayson). If you live there, then yes.

If not, and it's the Bell South book, then no. They are delivered by Directory Distributing Associates, Inc. My parents company delivers the Metro book in the Atlanta area (that's a nice contract - 4 deliveries, 3.3 million books).

Comment

Dacula and Grayson you say... are you sure you misplaced the r? Suppose you meant Dracula and Gayson... ?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Falls on the floor at Pekka's wit. Never, NEVER heard that one before!

Comment

DDA then

Bell South, and I'm on the border between Fulton and DeKalb counties
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Hey, when did you move to Atlanta?

And whereabouts? The border of Fulton and DeKalb is long ;D.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ahhh. How was it delivered? Did they leave them by your door, or did the lazy bastard drop off a bunch of them by the cluster boxes (if your complex has cluster mailboxes, that is)?

Comment

I thought you two had started a relationship or something.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

It's a love that will last the femtoseconds.

Comment

Cluster boxes

Left by the cluster boxes.

I sort of moved to Atlanta (Druid Hills neighborhood) in Nov. However, I still work in the San Francisco area (Cupertino). I say sort of because I travel all the time and am hardly ever in one place enough to really say that I live anywhere.

Comment

Sorry bastards. They're supposed to leave them by the door.

Comment

My parents company also delivers the Valley Yellow Pages, which releases books in SF and Cupertino.

Comment

I sort of moved to Atlanta (Druid Hills neighborhood) in Nov

Hey cool... I live on North Druid Hills Road... so I'm actually not that far from ya. Working in SF, living in ATL? Wow... that's a HELL of a commute!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

And he gets truly shiity traffic in both locales!

Comment

At least SF has a half-way decent mass transit system.

Comment

Working...
                              X