Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Japanese culturaly isolated online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...Poly does rock. used to be even more fun though.
    When'n'how?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
      I don't play it, but apperantly FFXI has unified servers
      no it doesnt. My friend was talking about how he can raise money (not usd.. ingame money) to move his character into a nother server where his friends play..
      :-p

Comment

I am sure I have seen some non-Israeli middle-easterners on the board. Irman is Arab-American, right?

Comment

Pakistani-American, I believe.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yomiuri Giants, and they can burn in hell.
            What is Yomiuri? Is it part of Tokyo? A company?
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yomiuri is a media company that runs a TV station and one of the bigger papers in Japan, the Yomiuri Shimbun. Lots of baseball teams here are named after the companies that own them. In my area, we have the Kintetsu Buffaloes and Hanshin Tigers, both owned by train companies.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

most athletic teams in asia are named for their sponsoring company rather than the city they play in.
                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                X