Bitter and Twisted II: The Placebo Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitter and Twisted II: The Placebo Effect

Your experiences. Mine are Prozac, and "yeh, sure this cigarette has hash in it". Dont mention "OXO" to Drogue .

How far do you think this effect extends in the human mind, and its implications? Its an intriguing topic in psychology (mind over body etc).
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Prozac = placebo?

Well, I know that my effexor does have effex on me, since whenever I forget one I can feel it and actually get reminded by weird feelings. And when I forgot to take it for 3 days I got headaches and nausea, I don't know how much placebo it can be... but then it's Effexor not Prozac.

Comment

No, I convinced myself it was having no effect and bang.. no effect. Except on my libedo... thank god I'm off now!
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Well the thing is that sometimes if you are taking medication, you may not think that it's doing anything.

But everyone around you will notice.

Maybe you just convinced yourself it wasn't doing anything.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

negative effect on your libido? I heard it does have positive effects in that regard. as has effexor

well the positive effect might be placebo one, but abandoning it certainly had negative effects.

Comment

I have never taken medication but know quite a few people that have

Paxil for sure kills their libido
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Not for me! A month after I came off prozac the last time, my libedo shot up, it was quite scary. Thank god for sociology...

TS: A good point. Mind over body?

Comment

effexor hasn't killed mine.

Comment

Ecthelion: Good for you. Now get off OT and bloody use it!

Comment

separated by 150km

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                      negative effect on your libido? I heard it does have positive effects in that regard. as has effexor

well the positive effect might be placebo one, but abandoning it certainly had negative effects.
                      Well, usually those types of drugs will decrease your sex drive, BUT, a depressed person usually doesn't have much libido anyways, so when you go on an antidepressent, while it will make your drive go lower, the effect it has on your mood will counterbalance it... and then some.

Comment

Re: Bitter and Twisted II: The Placebo Effect

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                        Dont mention "OXO" to Drogue .
                        How many logical fallicies are included in that? You know that point is misrepresented, yet you proceed to tell everyone we meet about it. You also know that the "oxo" was dropped on the floor by Steve, and as such, was not smoked. Yet you seem, in full knowledge of the facts, to decide to keep telling the misrepresented version. Nice and logical of you

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                        How far do you think this effect extends in the human mind, and its implications?
                        Very far. The tests of THC on MS sufferers showed that out of the four periods of treatment (3 THC of different strengths and one placebo) the positive effects were almost as high on the placebo as on the THC sprays. While they showed that THC did help, it was not a huge gain over the placebo. One women even swore that she can't have had a placebo because of the "wonderous effect" the whole program had on her. She was able to horseride again, that she hadn't for years, while on the placebo.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hash to made me feel woozy and want to lie down for an hour..
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

No medical substance use here.

Mind over matter? I tend to use that more than any drug (guess it's because I live in my mind and not in my body)

Comment

hash helps with MS?

Comment

Working...
                              X