No announcement yet.

Expired Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young love is always the best... and the worst. Funny how that happens, huh?

Comment

Well, considering I've gone from stupid teenage crush to having my last date steal my scarf, I think the worst may be yet to come.

Like I said, all downhill. I was the mountain goat that climbed to the top of the pepple and ended falling down Everest.

*blatant cry for sympathy and love here*
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

:sniff:

:hug: (one of those manly ones, where you hug and hit at the same time. )

Comment

*tempted to cop-a-feel off of JohnT*

*yes, it's been that long since my last date*

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Or "ohhh you gypped me."

They STILL use this term. I wonder if anyone has gone against this?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Or "ohhh you gypped me."

They STILL use this term. I wonder if anyone has gone against this?
                  Gimmie time. I'm still trying to find my Romany roots somewhere. Hell, between my ancestors jetting up to Scotland and over to Wales, one of them just have ****ged a Roma.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I don't like it, nor have I liked 'jewed' since sometime around when I was 12 years old and began to understand what was behind the language.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

AFAIcan tell, when someone (except PA) says "That's gay," It's not an insult to gays but an insult to the thing they're referring to. Personally I would have no problem with someone unleashing a barrage of insults to straight white males every time they saw something ridiculous or awful...

However, I remember a thread where it was IIRC Ann Coulter who was described as "homo-gay". Yes, it IS an insult to gays to associate them with Ann Coulter

--
                      It's better to look at the meanings behind the words instead of the words. If it's used enough it will become a common and unrelated-to-its-namesake cheap insult, and there is very little that can be done to tweak around the English language and gain common acceptance.

I think Starchild, with the children's example, was worried about kids coming to associate gays with the awful or ridiculous things they call "gay". However, a better route than pruning language would be to preach out tolerance, even if it's harder.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

they call her a she-male

but they would still hit it
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Take the ****ing "homo-gay" insult flying around. I can't even begin to tell you how much that pisses me off.

My word, does no one understand the purpose of "homo-gay"? It's supposed to be an utterly absurd replacement for the mildly offensive use of "gay" to mean "lame". How can anyone be offended by "homo-gay"? It's a completely silly phrase, an unneccessary redundancy that pokes fun at the common usage of "gay" as an insult while retaining the same ability to roll off the tongue.

It's just so damn original and catchy though.

KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

And it offends, therefore is a good insult.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Piss off, Spink. "Homo-gay" was meant to mock homophobes like you...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Well it doesn't
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X