Kobe acknowledges being "A little bit scared"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe acknowledges being "A little bit scared"

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant said in a televised interview Thursday night that he sometimes becomes distracted or scared as he fights a felony sexual assault charge.

"You're just ... living in a nightmare and just can't really wake up out of it," Bryant said in the interview with ESPN's Jim Gray broadcast on ABC at halftime of the Lakers' 99-87 loss to Houston.

Bryant is charged with attacking a 19-year-old employee at a Colorado resort in June. He has said the two had consensual sex.

Asked if he has trouble keeping his mind on basketball during games, Bryant said: "Sometimes it wanders and I have to try to bring myself back to center. It's human nature, I guess."

He said he is sometimes "a little bit" scared.

"If you can't control, you just kind of have to let it go. And at times that can be extremely difficult but, you know, you do it," he said.

Bryant is scheduled to return to Eagle, Colo., for another hearing Jan. 23. He faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation if convicted.

I feel bad for Kobe. No one should have to endure this kind of mental anguish. Whether you're a 6'6" 220 lb athlete facing felony charges or a 5' tall 19-year old girl being physically overpowered and sexually violated by a 6'6" 220 lb athlete , no one should have to endure this kind of mental anguish.

if the 6'6" 220 lb athlete facing felony charges actually did what he is accused of, he deserves FAR worse punishment ala Bubba his new 7' 300 lb cellmate.
    but if a 5' tall 19-year old girl is lying she deserves far worse ala Bubba her new 7' 300 lb next door neigbor.

Comment

now now, space: remember, no one deserves to be raped in the ass.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

There will be no way to find the absolute truth of what happened. There were no witnesses so the only thing that will decide the case is the character history of the two people involved and their words and actions just prior to and following the incident. This will not be sufficient to prosecute Kobe.

Her medical history and her friends comments about her to the press have shown her to be mentally unstable. On one hand, that's the type of girl that might make a false rape accusation. On the other hand, that's also the type of girl weak-minded enough to put herself in a situation whereof she would be taken advantage. My gut feeling is the latter because she seems really innocent. But I could be wrong...

Comment

now now, space: remember, no one deserves to be raped in the ass.
          hey if Bubba wants to rape, thats his decision, I never said nothing about no raping.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
            There will be no way to find the absolute truth of what happened. There were no witnesses so the only thing that will decide the case is the character history of the two people involved and their words and actions just prior to and following the incident. This will not be sufficient to prosecute Kobe.
            What about DNA and other physical evidence?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What about DNA and other physical evidence?
              Well, he has already admitted that he had sex with the girl. The issue is: Was it consensual or not? Did she consent to sex and then feel guilty during sex or afterwards and convince herself that she was raped? Or was she flat out overpowered against her will and raped? DNA and physical evidence cannot provide the answer to these questions.

Comment

Kobe is a scumbag...

**** kobe
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What DNA? it's known that he had sex with her.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                    DNA and physical evidence cannot provide the answer to these questions.
                    Yes they can. Forensic experts can find bruises on the surface of her body and in her vagina, indicating force was used. There could also be other evidence such as the girl got Kobe's skin tissues under her nails and other sorts of good stuff.

There's of course always the question of why Kobe did not use a condom.
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

There's of course always the question of why Kobe did not use a condom.
                      Maybe he likes living dangerously.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                        Maybe he likes living dangerously.
                        The prosecution does not have to prove the case beyond all doubt, just reasonable doubt.

Comment

other evidence such as the girl got Kobe's skin tissues under her nails and other sorts of good stuff.
                          If you've never had a girl get your skin tissue under her fingernails during consensual sex, you aren't doing something right my friend...
                          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

yeah, and if you don't knock the **** out of a girl, hold her down, and cause extensive damage to her vaginal area during consensual sex, you aren't doing something right...
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                              If you've never had a girl get your skin tissue under her fingernails during consensual sex, you aren't doing something right my friend...
                              While that may be true, the thing is you have various bits of physical evidence and they build up to paint a not so pretty picture of what happened in that hotel room.

Comment

Working...
                              X