No announcement yet.

I don't think parents should lie about Santa Claus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we should stop telling fairy tales... kids get older and smarter and figure things out for themselves...

the problem I see is that so many morons don't realize JESUS IS A FAIRY TALE...

easter bunny, tooth fairy, santa claus, JESUS ****ING CHRIST

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      Sorry, Boann, but I'm a little confused here. If you didn't ever lie to your kids re: Santa Claus, then how did the tradition even begin in your household?
      i don't really remember.....seems like its just a non discussion. since when they are babies they don't ask
      we have always opened our presents on christmas morning and theres always some presents from santa
      and stuff in the stockings.
      seems they ask pretty young ...i think my daughter asked when she was 3 ... shes 9 now.
      pretend and fairy tales are wonderful things when your a kid. we read a lot of stories and talk a lot. ... santa is very much treated like the fairy tale it is.

on the other hand Jesus is not treated like a fairy tale
      in my home.
      "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

on the other hand Jesus is not treated like a fairy tale
        in my home.
        no personal offense intended
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What do you mean lying about Santa?

He's not hurt is he?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What's all this? There's no Santa? Say ain't so!

Comment

Diss, I agree. When is honesty never the best policy? And I'm not talking about wartime intelligence deceptions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                Kids lose respect for their parents whether they lie to them or not.
                I didn't lose respect for my parent's, they knew how to beat a kid good and proper. Let that be a lesson for you. Forget the fairy tails, just put a little elbow grease into the leather belt.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

i find it amazing that when kids find out they've been lied to about santa, the easter bunny, et al, that they still believe in another mythical character, god.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Too true.

I think Santa is harmless. I didn't lose any trust about it.

Comment

You could try emphasizing the spiritual nature of Santa Claus. He was an actual person you know. Just tell the kids that the "spirit" of St. Nicholas travels the Earth sharing the wealth with good girls and boys on Christams Eve.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                      X