Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRC: lots of people dead, but who cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dead

Originally posted by pchang
    The amazing thing to me is that those dead are only part of 120,000 killed in industrial accidents this year. This seems really high. Obviously worker safety is not a high priority in the PRC.
    Eh, 120,000 out of 1,286,975,468 =~0.01% of the population.

And they all look the same anyway.
    -30-

Comment

Comment

Re: Re: Dead

Originally posted by st_swithin

Eh, 120,000 out of 1,286,975,468 =~0.01% of the population.

And they all look the same anyway.
        120.000 people usualy leave more then 1.2 million grieving relatives, not to mention friends etc.

But hey, they can just switch to some other Chinese for a brother, father or son, they all look the same anyway

Comment

But hey, they can just switch to some other Chinese for a brother, father or son, they all look the same anyway

Exactly. There's a surplus of Chinese men anyway and, since they all look the same, that makes for an easy switch from dead Chinese brother/father to new Chinese brother/father.
          Last edited by Drake Tungsten; December 28, 2003, 22:06.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ha. Good. The less Chinese nationals there are the better.
            Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Re: Dead

Originally posted by pchang
              The amazing thing to me is that those dead are only part of 120,000 killed in industrial accidents this year.
              Do you have a cite? I am interested in this.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

too many damn chinks anyway stealing good air from the rest of us gooks and nips.
                B♭3

Comment

Actually, today we were commenting on how little media coverage there is about it. There's been quite a bit about the earthquake in Iran though, and the English channel is continuing its tradition of discussing primarily economics.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sources

But on CNN....

“It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

ching chong wang chung at Q^3.
                      -30-

Comment

you misspelled ching.

chang mai wang izu bee ga dan yo su.
                        B♭3

Comment

ichi ni san shi go roku shichi hachi kyu jyu boku no chinko ga totemo okii da.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

ichi ni san shi go roku shichi hachi kyu jyu boku no chinko ga totemo okii da.
                            My Karate lessons come in handy for the first time ever...
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                              sucks sure, but who were they to me?
                              Yeah, that was my response to things like the World Trade Centre thing. Couple of thousand people died, but so what. People die every day.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

My Karate lessons come in handy for the first time ever...

They taught you how to say "My **** is very big" in Japanese? Cool...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X