Hey guys, look at this cool new "product"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Well it has SOME stuff to do with the original (GREAT!) story. They have the 3 laws of robotics and the positronic brains and whatnot.
    For the sake of nostalgia I'd keep it, but I always thought positronic brain sounded really silly. Asimov himself even admitted that the term for anti electrons just sounded cool, and that there wasn't anything scientific or rational behind his choice of words.

The three laws, of course, are a must have.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So you've seen the movie?

I'll wait and see with anticipation, Goldman didn't dumb down Beautiful Mind, which got an Academy Award by the way...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

So you've seen the movie?

No, but I've heard enough about it. It is OBVIOUS that the book isn't being used other than a background. Tell me where in 'I, Robot' do you have a robotphobic detective going after a robot that kills?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

But that is in Caves of Steel which is, while not an I, Robot story, still an Asimov robot story.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Neat. I want one.

Comment

True, but then call it 'Caves of Steel'. They are using the 'I, Robot' name fraudulently, IMO .

At least when they made 'Total Recall' they didn't call it 'We can Remeber it for you Wholesale'.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

edit: so I made this post before reading the rest of the thread. So sue me

is that the thing I saw a preview for before the Lords of the Ring movie?

I have no idea what it is. The preview didn't give any indication to what the product was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  edit: so I made this post before reading the rest of the thread. So sue me

is that the thing I saw a preview for before the Lords of the Ring movie?

I have no idea what it is. The preview didn't give any indication to what the product was.
                  Probably.

Imran: Eh.

Comment

Working...
                  X