X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, look at this cool new "product"

Wets pants

July 16th... mmm... can't wait...
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Lorizael, I don't think you can have sex with the robot. Sorry .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Their slogan is "What will you do with yours?"
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Kidding aside, is this supposed to be a movie or something?

I know they are supposed to be working on an 'I, Robot' movie.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ah, poking around.. I guess it IS a cool website for the movie.

Comment

Yup. Starring Will Smith as a "robophobic" police detective (not Elijah Bailey) investigating what appears to be the first murder of a human by a robot.

Comment

I wish they would have just followed the story of 'I, Robot' with the 5 different stories. That would have been cool.

I have a feeling this is just going to be a sci-fi blowing things up movie and not philosophically interesting as Asimov's book . Seems like they are going to do the same think to Philip K. Dlck's 'Paycheck'.

Comment

I heard that it won't have anything to do with the story by Asimov, that they just bought the rights to the title. Which means that Ellison's script will remain as the best film you'll never see.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well it has SOME stuff to do with the original (GREAT!) story. They have the 3 laws of robotics and the positronic brains and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    I wish they would have just followed the story of 'I, Robot' with the 5 different stories. That would have been cool.

I have a feeling this is just going to be a sci-fi blowing things up movie and not philosophically interesting as Asimov's book . Seems like they are going to do the same think to Philip K. Dlck's 'Paycheck'.
                    Ugh, Asimov's stuff was never about blowing things up. But I'm going to have faith. Because this has the potential to be incredibly cool.

Comment

True, Lorizael, they should have just called it something else. 'I, Robot' is about philosophically interesting questions of what is 'human'. Hopefully they'll have SOME of that, but I fear it'll be dumbed down, like it was in Minority Report (which if they followed the short story would have been so kick ass ).

Comment

Alex Proyas is the Director and he seems to be pretty good, IMO, and won't F it up if he can help it.

He did "The Crow" and "Dark City", as well as Metroid Prime
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, Japher, the Director ain't the problem. The problem is the scriptwriters .

Comment

Jeff Vintar; only thing of note is Final Fantasy, The Spirits Within

Hillary Seitz; Insomnia

Akiva Goldsman; probably the most experienced, so most likely is the one running the show. Has written The Client, Batman Forever (barf), Batman and Robin (barf), A Time to Kill, Lost in Space, and A Beautiful Mind. Lot of transcriptions with A Beautiful Mind and Lost in Space the only real writting exper...

I think the Grishams were fine, and weren't F'd with them much...
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, and they've totally junked Asimov's awesome book.

Comment

Working...
                              X