No announcement yet.

Three Stars of Seinfeld boycott DVD deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here, if you're in 514 and dial a 7 digit number it assumes that you're dialing a 514 number. To dial to 450 you need to hit 450, though.

What's so dumb about that? It seems obvious... a 7 digit number is a number in your area code. For other area codes you dial the area code and the 7 digits. What am I missing?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm saying that in Balto it's dumb that I have to dial 410 when I'm in 410
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

BTW, I've decided that the Baltimore local government is more corrupt than Montreal's is, which is fairly impressive.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oh, even when you are 410? That didn't come across from the original post. It seemed you were saying you were in 514 the entire time. Yeah, that is dumb.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Right now I'm in 514 for Xmas

Baltimore is 410
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Ah, I see... different areas parts of the continent... so I think .

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                There are no geographical distinctions in Atlanta for the area codes, which is what I think you're assuming. If a house has three phone lines, each one can have a unique area code.

Edit: However, most of the "404" area code is inside the perimeter as it was the original A/C for Atlanta. I just pulled up a five zip code sample of Gwinnett county (Lawrenceville and Snellville) addresses and there are plenty of "404's", but they are heavily outweighed by 678's and 770's.
                Last edited by JohnT; December 24, 2003, 10:08.

Comment

Working...
                X