Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! Can't install JVM

JVM as in Java Virtual Machine

I used the one I have used for the last many times of reinstalling of Windows, but this time it just doesn't work...
    ...when starting the installation, it all works as normal... I press 'next' blahblahblah, get the 'installation success' msg and press ok, restart computer... but nothing happens when I run a website with java-code (As it should)

Anyone who's got any idea what's wrong here?

Btw, I just formatted my HD yesterday, and reinstalled Windows XP just after, so it's a fresh install I'm working on here...
    This space is empty... or is it?

You have turned it on in your Internet preferences? Sorry, that's all I can think it might be...
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

ADG,

How about throwing it all away and buying a new computer that actually works?

Comment

Cruddy >> Yes I have

Monk >> All parts of the computer (Except for the HD's) are less than a year old... and I can't afford buying a new computer

Comment

Go into your Control Panel and look for the Java Plug In option, make sure the Internet Explorer plugin is turned on.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is that the one where you have to change your windows path?
            ( or was that the javac compiler, hmm, can't remember)
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Asher >> That's the problem... it doesn't install it, therefore you can't find it in control panel (There's no folder for in program files either)

Alva >> No, it's supposed to do it yourself... I've used it tons of times before and has always worked, so the file is ok...

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                Is that the one where you have to change your windows path?
                ( or was that the javac compiler, hmm, can't remember)
                yes, that javac

Comment

When installing JVM, how do you guys usually do it?
                  Do you use the file called msjavx86.exe

Comment

Not. I install the SUN JDK that includes a virtual machine. I get it from SUN's site.
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Do you have a link... I simply can't find around Suns homepage... it's way too confusing...

Comment

Click on the "free download" link. Just going straight to http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp should work, too, but I didn't bother to test if it really does...
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Thx, installing now... can't reboot the computer for some time though...

Comment

I installed it and it works on some sites... but for some reason it doesn't work on this one:

Does it work by you? It should work... it worked before I formatted my HD... don't see any reason why it suddenly should stop working

Comment

Working...
                            X