No announcement yet.

Honestly, the whole process of Childbirth is quite disgusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife had an emergency caesarian. That was fun. I got to see her innards.

You lot are such a big bunch of jessies that it's frightening.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's been awhile since I took biology courses, but basically all DNA have bits of info on them, and when they divide some bits are lost at the ends.

Telomeres.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

I'd much rather watch the child pop out the proper way.
        Youuuuuu've touched your MOM's va-gi-na!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
          C-sections are way more disgusting than vaginal births. They basically cut the woman open, pull out a bunch of organs and pile them out of the way, cut open the uterus and pull the child out. Then they have to sew up the uterus, put the organs back in, and then sew up the incision. And to think the poor woman is awake for the whole thing.

I'd much rather watch the child pop out the proper way.
          No they don't! Most C-sections today use the Pfaninsteal incision. Thes make a horizontal incision down to a plane between the bladder and the uterus, then make another incision in the wall of the uterus. This approach allows a minimal exposure of the abdominal contents to the outside. Done properly they're going directly through the abdominal wall and the uterine wall. Once they cut through the uternine wall they then open the amnion and pull out junior. Once junior is out they cut the cord and wait a little while for the fetal placenta to begin seperating from the matrtnal part of the placenta. This seperation seems to be an automatic reaction to the cessation of blood flow in the fetal placenta. They remove the placenta, then sew up and go home.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Childbirth is a messy, glorious biological process ... thank God, as a male, I never have to go through it.
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
            X