Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh?

'Tortured' with Rap??
    Mon Dec 22,10:04 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanese Mohammed Jaber said he went to Iraq (news - web sites) on a pilgrimage to Muslim holy sites, he ended up being "tortured" with loud rap music by U.S. troops suspicious he might be a foreign fighter against their occupation.

Jaber said an Iraqi taxi driver handed him and three friends over to U.S. troops for $100 each in April apiece as fighters for ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein (news - web sites).

"They asked us why we were there and if we came to fight them. But we said we came only to visit the holy sites in Kerbala," he told Reuters.

"They didn't torture us physically but they did psychologically by raising the volume of rap music all day until it became unbearable and by withholding food," he said.

But Jaber said he kept one secret from his captors, fearing the treatment could get worse.

"I mean I like rap, just imagine them playing jazz."

U.S.-led forces in Iraq freed Jaber and sent him and seven other Arab detainees home on Saturday.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

having fun with the darkies eh?

Comment

Now that is cruel and unusual punishment.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

You're assuming the U.S. soldiers were white when, in fact, a good number of them are white, black, Latino, female and so on.

I hate rap music, but could've survived on jazz, albeit barely.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I have to deal with that torture everyday on the streets of Las Vegas.

Comment

some of "the darkies" proudly fight for america, you insensitive clod.

and who's to say the captors were doing this, and not some bad ass cadets nearby who love rap?
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Not to even mention the Greek Connection.. man.. you guys are just sick.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

If they played the Greek Connection it's ok.

Comment

"Lebanese Mohammed Jaber said he went to Iraq on a pilgrimage to Muslim holy sites, "

In April

Yup, sure makes sense for Mr. Jaber to leave Lebanon and go to Iraq to visit holy sites in the middle of a war. Trying to take advantage of cheap hotel rates, I suppose

More likely this was a jihadi wannabe who got caught, and was lucky to get home, whos whining now. Tough luck, Jaber.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Oh mister LOTM you arrived immideatly at your conclusion using your L33t reasoning skills.

pump up the volume
                    pump up the volume
                    pump up the volume
                    dance dance

rythmic, systemic and world control
                    magnetic, genetic, dement your soul

mars
                    needs
                    women

Comment

Should have been naked dancing girls. The fear and guilt this woud have induced would have been unbearable. Just imagine the pain of keeping your eyes open staring dumbfounded! Oooh, the torture.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Naw. Should've surrounded them with well-armed female soldiers with 'tude.
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Eh?
                          So we're Canadian now? God help us...

Comment

what do you mean deplorable DL?

Comment

Working...
                            X