No announcement yet.

Sweet, Sweet Declassified Gov't Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Kid... it was for economic reasons.

Please. Islamic fundy's gaining control of a country always has sent jitters through American politicians. That and the hostage crisis made the US really dislike Iran. There would have been NO WAY that the US government would have backed Iran after that hostage crisis. It would have been political suicide.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We did (remember Iran-Contra?). We backed both gov't's. We wanted an extremely bloody stalemate.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Was Iran-Contra selling arms for hostages?

Anyway, it was also unpublisized, right? Because if it came out, it would have been political suicide. It is kinda hard to ignore a war .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
          We did (remember Iran-Contra?). We backed both gov't's. We wanted an extremely bloody stalemate.
          yup... Saddam conquering Iran? no good... Iran conquering Iraq? no good... both kicking the **** outta each other with US support? good for Reagan and his evil pukeface administration.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
          X