God loves the Toronto Maple Leafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God loves the Toronto Maple Leafs

How else can you explain 26 points from the last possible 28? (most at the expense of teams above .500)

How else can you explain this when they keep suffering injuries and still manage to win?

Tonight they lost a third of their defence corps and still won.

This is a team of destiny if ever there was one.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
    Only feebs vote.

nice sig

bah, Detroit will win the Cup...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

God loves everyone, so he must do. What you must ask, is why God has ceased to care for those that have had bad fortune and lost to the Maple Leafs.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

God loves everyone
        prove it...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've yet to see an NHL season where December decided the Stanley Cup winner .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            You didn't watch Edmonton in the 80's did you?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, but the Leafs have a hell of a team this year.

They have the best forwards in the Eastern Conference. Sundin, Mogilny, Nolan, Nieuwendyk and Roberts on a couple of lines.

A strong tough defence with some good attackers (McCabe, Marchment, Berg, Klee, Kaberle and Pilar).

And Ed Belfour, who has been outstanding.

I managed to wangle a couple of excellent tickets (10th row) a month or so ago and Belfour is simply incredible.

Add to that, they must be the meanest fighting team in the league. Domi, Belak (who totally smacked the **** out of Langdon tonight), Perrott, McCabe, Tucker, Roberts, Marchment, and Nolan all are regular scrappers (the game I went to there must have been about six fights).

They'll be competitive this year, for sure.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                nice sig
                Yeah, I thought it was funny. I must say Sloww is a pretty hostile guy even when he's on your side.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Competitive, yes... but they must do better in the playoffs if they wish for the season to have any merit .

New Jersey isn't going to lie down (they are only 2 points behind Toronto with 2 less games played) and they have excellent playoff record recently. Philly also looks tough. So before you claim anything... wait.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Competitive, yes... but they must do better in the playoffs if they wish for the season to have any merit .

New Jersey isn't going to lie down (they are only 2 points behind Toronto with 2 less games played) and they have excellent playoff record recently. Philly also looks tough. So before you claim anything... wait.
                    I think the Leafs are currently better than the Devils, and they haven't played the Flyers since the current streak started. The Leafs have played the most away games of anyone and have still managed to go on a tear.

You're right though. It's going to come down to those three. I hope it ain't Philly.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Currently matters not . It matters how it is in the end. The Devs usually play at a higher level in the playoffs. Brodeur sometimes seems he's possessed in those months (Hell, these days it seems like he's playing possessed).

But you never know, maybe God is on the Leaf's side. Now he just needs to get on your side in the Poly Fantasy League. You don't want to get beaten by a Yank, do you?

Comment

But you never know, maybe God is on the Leaf's side. Now he just needs to get on your side in the Poly Fantasy League. You don't want to get beaten by a Yank, do you?
                        I forgot about it and then lost my password and username. So it looks like the wooden spoon for me.

Two nice goals from Robert last weekend though.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I just checked the Poly Premier League and I'm in fifth place, handily beating you and a bunch of others and I haven't made one transfer.

There. I've got rid of Ferdinand, since he's banned and replaced the disappointing Riise. That cost me only four points.

And I'd like to say to all those Henry boosters. Alan Shearer has been better so far, so I was ****ing right.
                          Last edited by Agathon; December 20, 2003, 23:41.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah, but Americans aren't known for soccer, while Canadians are known for hockey .

Speaking of which, what's the address for the Poly Fantasy Premier League again?

Comment

Official Fantasy Premier League 2023/24. Free to play fantasy football game, set up your fantasy football team at the Official Premier League site.

We were right. Shearer is the top player. So much for those Arsenal losers.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X